1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

I Apologize.

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by stopper83, Nov 9, 2009.

1. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

I would like to apologize, not for my reaction to comments made about a close friend and associate but for the irresponsibility on the part of the person or persons involved in the conspiracy to remove Tom Harper from his position as Head Football Coach and Athletic Director. I have known Coach Harper for seven years and he is a man of integrity, character, and most of all,he is genuine. He has worked countless hours to build a winning program and an athletic department that is first class and competitive. I have not always agreed with all of his decisions or philosophies but I gave them a chance. I bought in and it's taking shape. The ACHS Football program is headed in the right direction and so is athletics as a whole. One reason for the success this year is that the boys bought in and define what TEAM means. One loss does not define a season, and sometimes a loss can be a good thing. One thing Harper preaches to the players on a regular basis is teamwork, and raising their level of play daily. He also stresses how important competing against one another in practice will help create a winning performance on friday nights. Just so you all know, we all expect to win every game we play, and they tap the sign as they exit the field house believing that. Harper has instilled a belief in these players that they can win, and the way he does it is by treating them like young men, hard at times(most of the time) but with a fatherly love that these kids will cherish for the rest of their lives. Not all of these young men have Dads in the home, so it is not only our job to coach them but also help them get a jump start on life. Building well rounded young men and building a strong football program that Alexander County is proud of is what Tom Harper's all about. I have lived in Alexander County for 15 years and I know the people here want to win but I also know a high percentage of the people put God first in their lives, Harper stresses the importance of that on a daily basis, and that alone will turn this program around. He also tells them to go home and tell your Mom and Dad you love them and appreciate them, it is them that deserve the credit. We are blessed as coaches to be around good kids and that is what keeps us all here. Yes, we all enjoy victory rather than defeat but when it's all said and done the relationships and lives you touch are more important. Alexander County you will enjoy many more victorys at Cougar Stadium in the years to come, the right MAN is at the helm. Sincerely, Bob Phaup , I will no longer be posting on TBR, but I will be monitoring. That's a promise.

2. faith99

faith99 Junior Member

Thank you, Coach Phaup for all the hard work you put in with our boys. I appreciate all that you have done for my son and the entire team.

3. GATOR

GATOR Member

Sounds like things have gotten a little out of hand!!! somebody please fill me in waht has taken place? I understand people are looking for gator and catfish.

4. jmundy03

jmundy03 Full Access Member

you're a good man bob. it takes a real man to apologize. i haven't always agreed with harper but you cannot argue with results. i certainly have no problems with him as a man. you can't find anyone that cares about the kids as much as he does. keep it up AC. its playoff time :)

5. #52stillcouldbringit

#52stillcouldbringit Full Access Member

You a good man coach..i missed the whole argument but i read it. Hope you dont quit posting man. We need all the AC support we can get on here. Hard to argue with 10-1 ya know.

6. grayb70

grayb70 Senior Member

Coach,
    You sir have just defined what Tom Harper and his philosophies are all about. You have been influential to many young men over the years, including myself. You have always been faithful to the Cougars and I would like to thank you for that. You are a good coach, but you are an even better man. Thank you for all you have done and will continue to do for ACHS!

Sincerely,
    Grayson Bedenbaugh

7. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

Don't take this the wrong way...

but recognition was not my intent, I created this thread to give you a small inside view of some of Coach Harper's philosophies, and to honor him on what was his 45th birthday. One again, I am blessed to be apart of a great program, and associated with a bunch of guys that I enjoy being around, even you Coach Winkler.

8. newcoach42

newcoach42 Full Access Member

Phaulp or Foop (ole east burke announcers) Good posts and I know you didnt want anyone to look at you for this but Harper is lucky to have an asst coach that stands behind him like you do

9. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Very well spoken. We are fortunate to have coaches that care about our kids. Most people have no idea what type of dedication some coaches have and how much time they spend working with our young people. We need to teach them to win in the classroom, on the field, and in life. That happens at Alexander Central, I see it, I know it, I'm proud of it.

10. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

Amen

Amen.. Coach Phaup I believe I was already gone when you arrived. I remember and cherish all the things Harper teaches. We hang around and try to speak to Harper after every game. Just like the huge sign posted on the fieldhouse Friday night.. I can do all things through Christ Jesus which strengthens me!! That philosophy is something Harper has used for years. You can do anything you want to do. Keep God first and family second and do your work as far as school and other responsibilities. Football is about playing for the person beside you because years down the road you can still meet up with them and know that you laid it all on the line to not only enjoy it yourself, but that your brother could take part in the success and pleasure as well. AC.. anybody that agrees with everything Harper does, is not a person who has grown in themselves because everybody will not always agree, but you can never disregard the way Harper loves the kids and you know he always has the best in mind in all his decisions. If he ever makes a wrong choice, he will make it going 100%... Sound familiar to anybody that's ever been around Harper? Sounds very familiar to me. You may not always make the play, tackle, run, sack, block.. but by God you best give it your all and try your hardest doing it because at the end of the day.. if you gave your best.. You can still look yourself in the mirror with some integrity!