1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Hunter May commits to Marshall

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by SCPBUC, Jan 27, 2010.

1. SCPBUC

SCPBUC Full Access Member

2010 Hunter May; Hopewell High School and South Charlotte Panthers has signed to attend school and play baseball for the Thundering Herd of Marshal University in Conference USA.

Congratulations to Hunter and his family!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. Threetwocount

Threetwocount Junior Member

WOW!!!!

This is a real coup for Marshal Head Coach Waggoner; I really believe that he got one of the top 5 pitchers in NC. Congratulations Hunter!!! Great kid, great family. NC State and UNC, Coach Waggs stole one from you, you'll see this kid in Omaha before his college career ends and he heads off to the bigs.

3. Blue-is-True

Blue-is-True Full Access Member

Just slow down, a little. Optimism is a good thing, but Marshall playing in Omaha is probably a stretch.

4. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

That is a great pick up for Marshall. I consider Hunter as one of my own and could not be prouder for him and his wonderful family. I know his mom and dad are smiling from ear to ear. Hey guys we still have one more long ride in us. Hunter when you guys play us, a sick day would be ok. Congrats to the entire May family,
    Chris and Mikal Hill

5. MClements

MClements Full Access Member

Marshall got a good one

I had the opportunity to see Hunter May play a couple of times - he should turn some heads in West Virginia...

6. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Congratulations to Hunter! Aren't there a couple of other NC kids at Marshall? I know they have, or had a kid that transferred from UNC(Nate Lape) that has done well up there.

7. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

Congratulations to Hunter! Marshall is getting a good one. Maybe Marshall's plan is to recruit more North Carolina boys so they can compete with Rice & ECU.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Congratulations to Hunter and to his family. I'm looking forward to meeting Hunter in the future. I'm hoping he just works out this summer, so he can squeeze into our Statesville Owl mascot costume. It would be perfect for him to add that to his resume.

On a serious note, I know he's been on the recruiting trail for awhile and I'm happy he has finally made his decision. Now he can go about having a tremendous senior season.

Marshall has done a terrific job in plucking some major recruits from NC. There is something special goin' on in them thar mountains.

9. PitchingCoach

PitchingCoach Junior Member

Marshal Steals One

I've watched Hunter through the years and Marshal plucked an NC star. Hunter is not just a game changer he's a real team changer. Congratulations!!!!

10. OuttaHere

OuttaHere Junior Member

Way to go Hunter!!!

Head Coach Jeff Waggoner (former NC State Assistant Coach) is entering his 3rd season at Marshall and if you've been watching at all you would have noticed that he's coming hard after NC players. He's developed a great data base of contacts and he's been quietly picking off some real talent, getting Hunter is real shot across the bow. Marshall has a new AD coming from LSU/ECU, he's aggresvie and he's a baseball guy. I have to agree with threetwocount's comment, in that with the talent that Marshall is chasing and getting, give them 3 years and Omaha is not out of the question. Great job Hunter!!!