1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HS TENNIS Fall 2006 (girls)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EastOfRaleigh, Sep 6, 2006.

1. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

softball?

painter, does your daughter play HS softball?

2. painter

painter Junior Member

Hey eastofraleigh...
    my daughter does play for a young developing hs program (only 3-4 with any type of softball experience), she had to switch from third (a senior who came back after 2 yr absence could cover third respectfully) to first as no one else could stretch or even catch the ball, new experience for her as she had never played that side of the field...new school to her last Jan. but a good situation...again caring coaches...she had a souring experience in her past and I was afraid that she was giving up on a sport that she started with tee ball at the Y...but her new friends talked her into playing last spring and she enjoyed the experience...I don't want to be one of those Mom's who push for the wrong reasons (boy is it hard raising girls these days, I don't think my parents had all these things to ponder over) and you have to have the love in your heart for the game...which I still love softball dearly, too bad my body can't keep up anymore...so she is only playing hs softball, no travel anymore even though we felt we did find a good "replacement" (good coach, players and parents) situation. Her hs is known for it's track prowess, some basketball success but never for softball. Sorry for the long winded answer that was really just a "yes". Expect her future after hs will be club tennis at the university level.
    good night for now...;)

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

thanks.....

both of my DDs played tennis and softball....great memories and for you painter and EOR, ENJOY the quietness in the fall and the Spring(ness)!!:biggthumpup:

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

painter.....

painter, please check a private message I am sending to you.

thanks, EastOfRaleigh

5. painter

painter Junior Member

EastofRaleigh

Hey, check out the book I sent you back via pvt. Thanks for the opportunity to vent. Appreciate your words, too.

6. painter

painter Junior Member

Hi CFBall

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have learned to enjoy the quietness of the tennis season...fits my daughters personality...just like my Dad. I enjoy seeing her embrace her passion. God blessed me with a great girl.