1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

HS/COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL RULES QUESIONS

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by jdmump12, Sep 7, 2010.

1. jdmump12

jdmump12 Junior Member

HELLO VOLLEYBALL FANS , PARENTS, COACHES , PLAYERS AND HS REFEREES ...... IAM A 20 YEAR NCAA / NFHS REFEREE WHO IS AVAILABLE FOR ALL YOUR RULES QUESTIONS.... SO >>>>>IF YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH VOLLEYBALL AND/OR .. IF YOU ATTEND AND MATCH AND SEE SOMETHING YOU NEED HELP WITH .. ANYTHING .. SEND IT TOO ME . I'LL SEND YOU A REPLY BACK . IF YOU WANT IT PRIVATE .. CAN DO TOO.. OK

CONTACT ME

2. jjsphotos

jjsphotos Full Access Member

block?

im confused on when block attempts that aretouched count as a touch and when they dont. (and yes, ref error could come into play sometimes)

i've seen calls where its hit from team a across - team b blocks - goes out of bounds and counts as a touch - team a pont.

team a hits the ball - B blocks to As side and when A hits it thats 4th hit.
    team a hits the ball - B blocks to As side and out of bounds team a point.
    these two are one point that really confuses me as it seems it should be either way but not each.

A hits, B blocks straight up - blocker is the next person to touch the ball. not sure when this is a double hit and when it isnt.

OUT OF BOUNDS
    is hitting the line in or out?

3. jdmump12

jdmump12 Junior Member

answer

Iam going to attempt to clear all this up for you .. if possible.
    When an attack hits the top of the net tape . Remember all 3rd team contact is an attack. If Team A attacks the ball into the tape and the ball contact a Team B blockers arm or hands above the net and the ball returns to Team A court this is a Block , not a touch. Team A has 3 contact of the ball again . If the ball lands out of bounds on Team A's side . Point Team A , if the ball does hit the Team B block , and contacts Team A a fourth time , 4 hits should be the call . It sounds like referee judgement . You can call it error . Hope this clears it up for you . 1 more thing , you last question , To define a legal block a front row player must have a body part above the net and must be close to the net .If you jusge a block then any team B can make the next contact without a double hit call . ok ...

4. jjsphotos

jjsphotos Full Access Member

ok next - alignment

i get the rotation to determine the server.
    but not how the positions on recieving makes a difference.