1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Grady Little Named Dodgers' Manager

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Trojan, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

Grady Little, who played his prep baseball for Charlotte's Garinger High School and Post 9, was named the manager for the Dodgers yesterday. Little has also managed the Red Sox and the Durham Bulls. He currently lives in Pinehurst.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yeah, that's great news. Grady has a reputation for developing young talent and the patience to work with the old vets. He should be a great fit for the Dodgers.

Grady's son still lives and works here in Charlotte and his brother, Tommy, has been very active in coaching the HS kids in summer and fall ball. A matter of fact, Tommy has branched into the advisors role in helping young men looking to go into Pro baseball. The Little's have become baseball royalty in Charlotte.

3. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

I played some ball with Tommy - we went to the same middle school and he once lived in the neighborhood next to mine. Grady was older and I think was on the Post 9 team that went to the World Series.

4. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

What years?

I believe Grady may have played with my Uncle at Garinger and Post 9 and YES! during the world seris up in Minn. Bill Sellers sound familiar to anyone ??? :)

5. TheBull

TheBull Member

Grady is a great guy. Grady's brother Tommy does not live here. The Tommy Little you are talking about is agreat guy and played college ball at Pfeiffer. Bryan, who is the youngest brother, Played in the bigs with the Expos, White Sox, and the Yankees for 6 or 7 years. Their dad also played professional baseball. The whole family was baseball.

6. Trojan

Trojan Banned From TBR

I forgot about Bryan - he is younger than Tommy.

7. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Bryan Little? Is he nicknamed Twig? If so, I played one season with him in Buffalo and against him when he was coming up in the Yankee organization.

8. TheBull

TheBull Member

Bryan,s nickname is twig. He used to be the firstbase coach for the WhiteSox until a couple of years ago. Then he went into the front office with the WhiteSox. He is the youngest in the Little family

9. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Is he here in Charlotte now?

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Thanks Bull. Do you know which Tommy is heading up SPX or SFX out of Dallas? It is a company that represents baseball players