1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Gawd, this place is dead...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by bigdan, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Geez...what has happened to the loyal group of prep fans on TBR?

I know there's very few from the MAC on here but how about the Watauga, Alex. Central, Hickory and East Burke members? What's the early turnout from these schools? Anybody looking forward to the Alexander Central scrimmage on the 14th? I am.

It's been a good start to year two the Carson Gowan era at McDowell High...a significant turnout this year, about 90 kids wanting to help lead the Titan Nation including a large freshmen class (40 give or take). May actually get the opportunity to keep kids fresh this season at the varsity level while the freshmen gain experience playing jayvee ball.

2. BOOGYWOOGY

BOOGYWOOGY Junior Member

Dead Zone

where is everyone, i talked to some of the ac players over the weekend, they said they had a great camp...looking forward to the scrimmages next week...

3. Snicklefritz24

Snicklefritz24 Member

Alexander Scrimmages @ west forsyth with both west forsyth and west rowan next wednesday. We'll see just how good they are on the 12th.

4. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

time to get it started up!

5. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

I predict that the first 3 games will be played in suffocating hot humid weather.

:scholar:

6. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

huge prediction there Wise..

Thats a great risk your taking by predicting that. Just like i predict that the team that can stop the run/run the ball best this year will be a champion at the end of the season. Any predictions though as far as who could be the Newton Conover of the area this year? NC went and won state last year. Who does everybody think has the best shot at winning it all from the area this year?

7. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

things usually pick back up when the regular season kicks off, but you know that anyways.

something i did want to pass along to everybody, larry.....

smash aint with us anymore guys, so i'll be conducting the preps pick-em contest this season. i would like to add my own flavor by trying to keep the games a little closer to home, but keeping in mind the Raleigh/Fayettville crowd. i will do my best to pick the best, and seemingly closest, contests each week. i would like to eliminate some of the guess work involved with picking games from so far away, among teams we know absolutely nothing about.....but then again, it's all guess work anyways.

i enjoy posting, and reading scores on Friday nights, and hope that we can be as informative as some of the other sites around this region. the guys from the western part of the state have done well with the support of their teams on this site. we appreciate what they bring to TBR. keep it coming. lets also try to support TBR when the time comes to raise some funds. larryd does a good job with this site and is worthy of compensation in order to pay the bills.

i hope everyone participates and things run smoothly, as they have in the past.

your pal, VI

ps - wossa is a clown

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  8. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

VI, hate to ask because I'm not really sure that I want to know the answer, but you said smash isn't with us anymore. [Hesitates] Is he okay?? [Hesitates]

9. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

i dont know the details, but i think he's ok. i see that he still posts at another site. i have not spoken to him in quite a while though.

10. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to him either. I never received a PM from him saying he was leaving---he just kinda disappeared.

But I'll miss the guy. He loved HS football, especially Crest, and was the very first moderator of this forum. He did a great job, but moderating these things can become a hassle. I wish him well in whatever he chose to do.

But we do have two additional moderators in Wossa and bigal to assist VI in generating some discussions in here. I'm still looking for a Charlotte area moderator.

I'd love to see school previews and players to watch---this information can be provided by anyone.