1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Friday, March 7, 8:30 p.m.- West Rowan vs. Kings Mountain

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by lamboworld, Mar 4, 2003.

1. lamboworld

lamboworld Junior Member

Looks like we got a good draw. What are your thoughts?

I think WR by 22.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yeah, I was going to ask if KM had a chance

3. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Coming from someone in Cleveland County, KM is playing well. KM has a lot of emotion. The father of 2 of the players just passed away. He was at all the games and the other players thought a lot of him. The boys had thought about not playing, but they knew there dad wouldn't want that. Before their last game they had a moment of silence for him. KM won the tip and the oldest son took it down the floor for a dunk. Super Talent vs Super Emotion makes an interesting game.

4. falcon1

falcon1 Full Access Member

Thanks Lamboworld. I agree that it looks like a good draw. I just glad that the NCHSAA didn't decide to change the rules and make West travel to Kings Mountain! GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

Thanks for the info Lambo. West should win if they don't experience a let-down after that "super-game" with Trinity. The margin of victory I can't say, I don't know enough about Kings Mtn. (except that they have good football teams). Gurley should have the guys ready, he never takes any teams "lightly". It's a bit early to think about it but a Roberson/WR match-up of undefeated teams would be awesome Saturday night....

Interesting post Smashmouth. Could you tell us about some teams that KM has beaten or lost to? (I know they had a tough game with Forestview)

6. lamboworld

lamboworld Junior Member

7. LakeNormanFan

LakeNormanFan Full Access Member

Outward appearances sometimes decieve but I'm having trouble getting excited about this one. I guess this is what makes this a dangerous game. Being sandwiched between the "big Trinity game" and a possible showdown with TCR puts Kings Mountain in a perfect position to "sneak up" on WR and pull off an unthinkable upset........and I'm sure a lot of those great TCR fans will hang around to cheer KM on.......and that emotion that smashmouth spoke of...........

Still, if West plays thier game it's a done-deal. 59 and 0.

8. falcon1

falcon1 Full Access Member

I know that a lot of fans feel that with the tough game with Trinity that we have already played in the regional. We can't look past Kings Mountain and coach Gurley will have the troops ready. Does anyone know how the Falcons match up man-to-man with KM? Please post . Thanks. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

KM tied with Burns this year for the SWFH con. title. They beat Burns in a one game playoff to decide who would get the number 1 seed for the con. West has more talent, but dang emotion is high in Kings Mountain. I'm a huge Crest fan, but I plan on being at the game Friday just to pull for these boys who have went through so much the last week and a half. Also looking forward to seeing the talent that WR is able throw on the floor. If the game is played on paper, WR wins going away. The great thing is games aren't played on paper.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2003
  10. KMStopper13

KMStopper13 Junior Member

Kings Mountain may not have a great record and kill the teams they play like W Rowan does, but dont under estimate them and think that its gonna be an easy game. When our boys get up, they get up. Our fans are awesome, and we are gonna be rockin out the place on Friday!! Go Mounties!!