1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

freedoms greatest players

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by fhspatriot, Mar 6, 2003.

1. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

I decided i would make a topic and a discussion about the best players and have ever played at freedom in these past 30 years.

who would u consider the best players and who would be in your opinion the best ever.

2. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

First Team

Point Guard - Casey Rogers ( Western Carolina )
    Shooting Guard - Danny Johnson ( clemson, College of Charleston )
    Small Forward - Cory Largent ( Western Carolina )
    Power Forward - Len Lattimore ( Northeastern )
    Center - Dennis Mims ( Virginia Tech, IUP, and Italian Pro League )

Second Team ( I go with four guards and a PF/Center)

Phillip Thomas ( Furman )
    Neal Garrison ( Furman )
    Wesley Ervin ( UNC Greensboro, although hedidn't stay )
    Ricky Rutherford ( Coastal Carolina )
    PF/Center - Freedie Kincaid ( WS State )

Third Team:

Point Guard - Junior Chris Moore ( He may move up to second or first team after next year )

Shooting Guard - Joey Conley ( College offers, not sure where he played )

Small Forward- Gerald Rutherford ( App State )

Power Forward/ Center - Ray Moore ( Lenoir Rhyne )

Athlete- Leon Johnson ( UNC Football and the NFL )

Honorable Mention - Marcus Conley ( Gardner- Webb ), Bobby Michaux, the Clark kid that was such a good defensive player, Nelson Cash, Ronnie Scott, Matt Briggs, Demond Ervin ( Catawba ) and many more!

3. fhspatriot

Big red,

Thats a pretty good list u named on their big red.I thought of a few names we could add on their as well.

Nick collette ( great defensive player)

John Dula

Aaron caldwell

Curtis Stiles( great to come off bench and make some key 3-pointers)

the clark kid u was thinking of was timmy clark I have heard he was great on defense.

i guess even though he did transfer we could put Brandon Hawkins on their.

Chris Moore can go down as one of the best players to me he already is.

What freedom team would u say is the best ever and what is probaly the top 5 best freedom teams.

heres mine

4. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Timmy Clark? Is that Woodley Clark? I know Woodley was a good defensive player.

5. Big Mark

Big Mark Premium Member

Len's a good man. Played with him at Oak Hill before I moved on to Iredell CO.

6. fhspatriot

timmy clark played for freedom back in the early 90's.he was on the 1990-91 team with leon who lost to west charlotte in the regionals.

7. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Thanks fhspatriot. I have a terrible time with names and I learned something today.

8. fhspatriot

what freedom team do u consider the best ever

9. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

If you are asking me, I really can't say. I've only really been following them for the last few years and that's because of a couple of kids I have worked who with have been a part of the teams, mostly the girls teams. However, this year's boys team was very good and a whole lot of fun to watch, as was the girls team. For its record alone, it will be one of the best teams Freedom has put on the court.

The athleticism though, over the last few years, has been phenominal. I enjoyed the Casey Rogers teams, and the year the boys and girls both won the State championship has to be a highlight of basketball history at Freedom.

However, each team, each year, has their own crack at history and they are unique in their own ways. I have never seen a team in the few years I have been watching, that I didn't enjoy watching, win or lose. Winning is fun and while losing isn't much fun, eventually it isn't the end of the world.

Maybe it's like the Olympics for me and each year's team is the best there has ever been. I like watching the games purely for the thrill of watching the kids play.

10. fhspatriot

This years Freedom team has to be one of the best.Ive been watching and listening to freedom games since the 94 season and id have to say the 1998 team is probaly the best ive seen.The 1994 team will always be special cause the boys and girls both won it.The freedom tradition is special in itself winning over 600 games in boys and girls,several conference championships and a combined 6 state championships in 8 trips.
    The boys have never had a losing season and the girls have only had like 2 i think.We also for a long time had to of the greatest coaches ever in the state coaching boys and girls in terry rogers and marsha crump.They built the foundation and made the program what it is today and to me both programs are in good hands with Joey Davis and Clint Loftin now in charge and Jamie Smith did a good job when she was there too.Freedom will have more great years in the future and more state championships.Id like to see more freedom fans on here and like to their opinion on the best players and greatest team ever.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2003