1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Freedom Wins Sectional

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by splity, Feb 28, 2003.

1. splity

splity Full Access Member

West Charlotte 97
    Freedom 102 in OT

2. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

One hell of a good basketball game. There were 26 3 pointers made by both teams. According to FHS radio team, Freedom had 14 and WC had 12. It seemed like #34 for WC was draining a 3 everytime the ball left his hand, but just didn't connect right there at the end. Little #00 knocked one down from about 25 feet. WC looked a whole lot better than a 19-9 team.

All 5 starters were in double figures. I think Moore had 26 and Johnson maybe 22. I can't recall all of the totals CJ Stancil and Mike Imboden were giving on the drive home.

The gym was rocking though, and I was glad to see the Freedom students really getting into the game.

3. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

A truly GREAT basketball game, an ESPN instant classic if you will. There have been many wonderful games played in the Freedom gym over the last 30 years and this one ranks right up there with them. Freedom over a James Worthy led Ashebrook team, Freedom beating the great McDowell team of 97 led by Jenis Grindstaff and Orlando Melendez, or even Jenis scoring about 10 or 12 points or so in 25 seconds to beat Freedom in the Christmas tournament in 95, I think. What other big games have I left out, maybe the win over East Burke and Brandon Hawkins in 98, that was a huge game as well.

4. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

Great win last night by the Patriots.All year the boys have played hard and there is no quit in them.All 5 starters had double figures and we had 2 off the bench that had 7 and 9.this is onre of the greatest games ive ever seen since ive been around freedom games.This is a special group of boys.

Didnt kerri Gardins dad play (freddy kincaid) play back when Freedom used to play Asjbrook and was he on the team that night they beat them with james worthy.