1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Freedom Freshmen

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The Captain, Mar 23, 2007.

1. observer

observer Full Access Member

I have a few thoughts regarding this thread:
    1. Remember these boys are freshmen - extremely talented, hard working, and really GREAT kids - they have enough pressure carrying a varsity team in a competetive conference - drop the scouting/recruiting talk and let them try and get some enjoyment from just playing the game in the midst of all the controversy there. I agree baseballislife10 "let the chil'ren play"!!!

2. It's unfair to blame the principal of the unfinished high school for coaching recruitment. While the presentation may not have been impressive, imagine the pressure she's under if the parents are "demanding accountability" for the program their kids are in now! From what I know about Coach Hardee, he is a man who makes decisions based a many factors, and I'm confident he knows the big picture in Burke County. Which brings me to point...

3. I know for a fact that he would NOT move to Morganton to bring his wife home because she's not from Morganton - she only lived there during high school. I have it on pretty good authority that she will move wherever Coach Hardee thinks his best career opportunity lies - she's done it before and will do again and he is well aware of that. And besides, she has a really great job, her family lives in Boone and she happens to like the weather! :1:

I hope Patton will be able to land some great coaches in all sports. It's a terrific opportunity there, and I am certain there are some awesome asst coaches and young coaches who would love to get the chance to build a program in a beautiful new school.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I have it on good authority that you are 100% correct and my sources are pretty good :laugh4:

3. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

More Freedom Freshman news....Trevor Tallent, another of the former LLWS players and playing for the Freedom varsity has been diagnosed with a broken ankle and is probably out for the season. He hurt it in practice last week and still pitched against AC Reynolds when starter Austin Attaway was nailed with a pitch and had to leave the game as weel as playing outfiled against South Caldwell. Tallent is another player with great potential and can hit, hit with power and throws in low to mid 80's as a 9th grader.
    And for the record, I don't think Pete Hardee would ever go to Burke County and all the junk that goes with that (unless of course they bulldoze his field up there) Still, the opportunity to coach these players and have his son Cal, who has played travel ball with them would be intriguing.

4. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Freedom Blows 3 run lead in 7th, lose in 8th

But Freshman Chris Fine belted his second home run in as many games.
    Here is a link to the debacle:

http://www.eteamz.active.com/patriotgames/

Dykota Spiess 2-4, Aaron Attaway Single 2 RBI

5. Braves

Okay- I have a trivia question. Where is he now? The young man that became famous on the Morganton LL team who was nationally known as 'Biscuit"?

6. Pioneer-Pride16

Pioneer-Pride16 Baseball is Everything

His name is Andrew Martin. He plays on the JV team for Freedom. :crowngrin:

7. Braves

Dang PP, you are too quick. Thanks for the update. I'm glad he is still playing

8. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

Well...he might not be playing for a while because I've heard that he took a shot in the face while pitching and had some damage. Don't know the details but thats what ive heard

9. Braves

OUCH!!!!!..I hope it isn't very serious. That's just horrible.

The young man is a living legend and I want to see that legend play HS Varsity baseball.

10. BigDipofCope

BigDipofCope Full Access Member

Biscuit

I had the plate in the JV game where he took the line drive off the nogen. His first words were, "That was a bad pitch". When mom got out there and asked him how he was, he replied in as country an accent as I've heard "I'm just peachy". He was immediately taken to the hospital in need of some stitches, but I think he'll be ok.