1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Freedom Freshmen

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by The Captain, Mar 23, 2007.

1. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Could not agree more. The mess that is Freedom Baseball is the The Legacy of Tom Russ. I also had high hopes for Williams. He always had good teams at Liberty. But it seems he was "seduced" by the Tom Russ "system" of Athletic PE for your practice time and get home before dark. Williams contact with AAU/U trip and LL was nearly identical to Russ' take. The only time you ever saw either of them at the middle school games was on the feeder school finale to pass out flyers to thier summer baseball camp.
    No fundraisers or sponsorships. No ad signs for the outfield fence. No community invlovement whatsoever. Freedom does nothing that the other NW4A schools do to be successful.
    Williams never communicated with players or parents. Never recruited athletes to come out for baseball. Never wanted more than 10 or 11 on the team because he diddn't want to deal with "playing time" issues. Russ had way too much influence on Williams in the first couple of years regarding rosters, lineups, and playing time.
    We all heard the rumor about Hardee coming here after Russ retired but Russ was AD and put the kibosh on that idea.
    Also agree about the "old buddy" crap. However the clean up shouldn't be confined to the athletic department here but the entire school system.
    There was talk that Hardee would take the Patton job but I heard thier presentation to him was less than professional. Typical.
    Fact is, Nuclear Winter is close at hand for the entire Freedom Athletic Department.

2. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Freshman Chris Fine hit his first career homer last night v. Alex Central and Dakota Spies doubled.

3. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Who won the game I haven't been able to find the score

4. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Don't necessarily agree about the whole school system. Parts maybe, but the school's athletic department went from bad to worse when Russ retired and McMahan took the AD job. Nuclear Winter won't come fast enough for that bunch. It seems that Patton's problem right now is nobody wants to work with the principal. I've heard she's tough, but our schools need tough right now.

5. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

My son also played against and with Chris Fine and Dakota. Both are excellent players. I'm glad they are off to a good start. Heels0710 son also played with and aginst them. Good to hear he is doing well also.

6. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

Alexander won 9-3 is what I heard

7. chill95

chill95 Junior Member

TOUGH... Tough has nothing to do with it, how about NO and I mean NO experience as a High School principal. When she went to Liberty from Rutherford College Elementary, she treated the kids as if they were in Elementary School, and she will continue to take that to the High school becuase she knows nothing else.

Also, if the "world series" players get to stay at Freedom and not have to forfiet a year of playing, there will be a major uproar in Burke County. All students that put in request to transfer schools have to sit out athletics for one year according the the Burke County School Board. Now, the problem is that there is only the Principal and Football Coach for Patton High School at this time, what will happen to all sports if the only focus is on Football. NO athletic director, just a Principal with NO High School experience who didn't attend Middle school athletics, and a Football Coach.... GO PATTON HIGH SCHOOL and the GREAT BURKE COUNTY.

8. allrightnow

allrightnow Free

Chill dude, I'm on your side. I'm still learning about the woman and keep hearing nobody wants to work with her because she's tough to work with and for. The kids will take what they're given and adapt better than their parents will.

The LLWS guys should have to go to Patton if that's the district they live in. I figure the good old boy network will give 'em a pass though. There should be an uproar if it happens and if it does, they should sit out a year.

9. Seminolebaseball7

Seminolebaseball7 Full Access Member

First off, none of them will sit out a year I can tell you that right now. Second, if I'm not mistaken all of the LLWS players are in the Patten district so that won't be too big of a problem. Hopefully there won't be too much of a stir up in Burke County, but it's looking highly possible.

10. baseballislife10

baseballislife10 Tiger Baseball Fan

let the chilren play... good group of kids... all are in the patten district so it doesnt matter... everyone chill out although this could cause controversy