1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Freaking out for college!!!?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sarmyn, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Sarmyn

Sarmyn Junior Member

I really want to go to a certain school, but it is EXTREMELY competitive. I am a junior honors student with a 3.5 gpa and am taking the ACT this month. Do I stand a chance? Should I switch to all college prep classes to raise my gpa?? Help?? Advice??[​IMG]

2. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Some advice

The 3.5 GPA is likely good enough IF you score well on the ACT. The other thing to do is be a 67 mph pitcher or a .600 hitter. Coaches at most D1 schools have 'slots' for kids who fall below admission standards. Of course, this means you will likely be surrounded in class by kids with higher GPA/test scores.

Don't try to 'game' the system. It rarely pays off. Take the classes you're capable of doing well in, prepare for the ACT and do well on the field. Also, be sure to keep an open mind in regards to college. The education you receive will be far more dependent on the effort you put forth than the particular school you attend. There are lots of very good choices in NC and surrounding states.