1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

FEB. 9 Scores

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by scfan, Feb 9, 2007.

1. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

I didn't get to go to the gams tonight so fill me in on SC and AC and all the others

2. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

McDowell 87
    AC Reynolds 76

The Rockets were without leading scoring DJ Clement once again, due to an injury, but played an inspired game against the Conference Champs.

3. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

SC beat Alexander but I don't remember the final score it was around 8 or 10 points

4. jccunc1

jccunc1 29ers Fan

South Caldwell 55
    Alexander 50

I also know East Burke beat freedom I think the score was 69-62.

5. titan90

titan90 titan90

McDowell may of had more dunks than made free throws. The Titans shot terrible from the line tonight and that allowed Reynolds to stay within 10 points all night. Terrence and Petey played well, but Terrence could not get going from the line tonight. If he could have made some of his free throws he would have had a huge night for the Titans.

The guy running the clock does not know how to stop it when the whistle blows. During the boys and girls game the refs had to put more time on the clock 6 different times.

6. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

Look out for SC in the tourney. It has took a while but Windmiller is getting the boys to play team ball and it is starting to come together. The Robinson kid has been on fire and the big guys are learning to stay out of foul trouble. They could make a big run through the playoffs if they keep playing TEAM ball. I wish Windmiller had been with these guys one year sooner. It took them a while but they finally got a good coach for boys basketball. Hopefully he will be around for a long time. I know we lose a lot of talent for next year and the team won't be real good but he WILL rebuild and be back strong in a couple of years. I'm one of the first to bad mouth a coach who either don't have the ability to get the job done or just doesn't do a good job and that is because if the kidds are out there working hard they deserve the best we can give them. With that said I am also the first to give credit where credit is due. With that said I want to commend Windmiller for a job WELL DONE!!!! Also to Parham (AD) for getting in some good coaches for all sports; EXCEPT ONE but I'm in the wrong thread to talk about that

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

McDowell went to the line a whopping 41 times last night, made only 17 of them (41%)...they were 10 of 21 in the fourth quarter alone. Petey had 26 and Buggy had 20 even with the poor free throw shooting.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  8. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

Just curious.....how many did ACR shoot?

9. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

10 of 18 for the game, 5 of 7 (2nd half)

10. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Im glad they were playing AT REYNOLDS,otherwise we might hear someone cry about home town cooking if you know what I mean.:lolly: