1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Father's Day tributes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EastOfRaleigh, Jun 8, 2006.

1. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

Thought this would be a good time to do this. Please post tributes to Dad's that meant a lot to your love for the sports you or others played.

here's mine:
    My dad was a farmer. He did not go to all my games as a kid; we worked basically all the time. He was not a youth team coach; didn't have or take the time. When there wasn't a game or practice, he expected us to be working on the farm. Mom shuttled us to & from practices/ games.

But also he never deprived us of the chance to play ball. Never once did he keep us from playing because of what he wanted. He could have chosen to do that. It wasn't like that with some other kids I knew.

A memory that will last forever: In my jr. year in HS, he had been sick with heart-related trouble & was no longer able to carry on the farming; also was unable to attend games because of the sickness. We were playing an afternoon away game in our county & I was pitching.
    I look over to the stands & there he sets with mom also; as you can imagine a smile and a warm feeling came upon me.
    He died later that spring before baseball season was finished.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

East of Raleigh....what a great story and a great idea

I would suggest that we post this in the baseball and softball forums. We would get many more replies. Unfortunately, many people don't even see this page...