1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

"Daddy Ball" HS level

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by ucballer, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ucballer

ucballer Full Access Member

What are the signs??Please someone shed some light on this subject??Why would coaches put there kids in this position??

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

what a subject......careful people dont take it too far...

3. amdon

amdon Junior Member

I can relate to your pain. I saw this in middle school and I thought it would be diffrent at a H.S level. But when you have girls that are starters
    on some really good travel teams and they sit or are ep players in favor
    of weaker players you know your on a daddy ball team. My daughter looks
    at it as a workout in off season from her 18U showcase team. The chances of her getting a scholarship from school ball is very slim. So find a good travel team and don't sweat it.

4. JACK0328

JACK0328 Member

Agree

TOTALLY AGREE

5. ucballer

wow

Our coaches daughter is the last one on the field every day .The coaches daughter sits in the dugout and watches everyone else field ground balls and fly balls .To top that off she gets to be a captian and walk out to do the coin toss.I always thought captians were team playes that worked hard and set good examples for other players not being lazy and do what ever she wants.She also bats in the 3,4 or 5 position and sometimes has more at bats during a game then the lead off batter according to her stats.It is a sick thing to watch how she gets treated compared to the others.Half of the team are travel ball players and they know what is going on and aren't stupid.They have the right attitude where they are using this for practice time to work on fundamentals and get ready for summer travel ball.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  6. jarrettfan

jarrettfan Full Access Member

you all need to make a trip to taylorsville and watch a achs practice! over 3 hrs of non stop drills and work! look at the end result 2009 4a state champ and #4 ranking in the nation! 2009 record 31-1!

7. CrushersDad

CrushersDad Softball Student

The same reasons that they put their kids in this position for wreck ball, travel ball, etc...

The truth of the matter is that in the long run it doesn't matter. HS softball is a pretty short season that can be looked at as a warm up for the summer season of "REAL softball".

High School sports is an experience. It is a time for your DD or DS to wear their school name on their chest and represent the school.

I try not to get upset and keep telling myself "it's only high school ball - it's only high school ball".

Good luck and let your kid have some fun

8. ucballer

ACHS

I have seen them in action and they are a team and coaching staff to look up to.They also work very hard as a team and not one player is spotlighted on that team by the coaching staff.Each girl is treated the same no matter what role they play.Our school ball coach only see's one kid on the field and the rest do not matter.How can a coach just put the rest of the team on the back shelf and not want to make his team better?When you step on to a field to coach I trully believe that if the challenge and will to make the team better isn't ther then it is time to pick up a new hobby.

9. playball24

playball24 Full Access Member

You have the right attitude!

10. knights10

knights10 Junior Member

COACHES IN OUR TRIAD AREA:
    2 coaches have daddy's telling him when to move up kids and replace other kids that have made one mistake. Listening to ultimatums "IF YOU DON"T PLAY MY DAUGHTER WERE"T MOVING" or tell the kids to make errors on certain pitchers- Having PETS!!!!!!!!!!and condeming other players to their face. And putting errors on other positions, to keep his pets flawless.
    The upside to all of this is better coaches know these men and college coaches laugh at them.

They are NO role models--DO NOT encourage the girls .
    When the players hate them and HAVE No respect.
    AS PARENTS WE EXPECT BETTER ROLE MODELS.
    WE KEEP TELLING OUR DAUGHTERS -YOU CAN NOT QUIT-every one "Reaps what you SOW"

SO YES , HIGH SCHOOL IS ONLY A SCHOOL EXPERIENCE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.