1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CPC Tournament

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Baseball7690, May 3, 2007.

1. Baseball7690

Baseball7690 Member

North Davidson defeated south rowan 11-3. Zach white was the winning pitcher giving up 2 ER scattering 8 or 9 hits. Levi Michael and Daniel Kassouf hit homeruns. North Will play the winner of East Rowan and Reynolds at 5 tommorrow at west forsyth while west will play the winner of tabor and davie in the nightcap.

2. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

South Rowan deserves a hat tip. Those kids were written off by everyone when the school split happened. Many of the stars left, leaving SR on paper bankrupt. And they were playing in one of the toughest conferences in the state.

But I'd have to say that those kids played with more heart then any team I watched this season. Tonight they faced one of the best pitchers in the state (Zach White) and came out scrapping. 10 hits! Their record may not reflect it, but I'd say they had a fine season and should be proud.

3. UK7Dook3

Interesting tournament play tonight. In Game 1 semi pitcher's duel that lasted under 90 minutes, North Davidson defeated East Rowan 2-1. All three runs were solo shots. Steedly (sp?) of ER & ND's Clay Watson both pitched well. Watson threw 74 pitches & surrendered 3 hits (only ER baserunners). It was a clean, classic game played by 2 classy teams that I predict make noise in the tournament.

Game 2 was a shocker. Host #1 seed West Forsyth lost to #5 Davie Co 13-10 in 9 innings. Davie is red hot right now, having 10 run-ruled Mt Tabor 11-1 last night.

But what especially made tonight's game a shocker is that UNC signee Greg Holt gave up the first 10 runs (not all earned). Greg battled but obviously didn't have his 'A game'. He had to rely on his curve, throwing it seemingly half the time. But Davie deserves tons of credit too. They jumped on Greg with a 3 run blast in the first & kept grinding all night. Many heroes on both sides.

Final is Monday 7pm @ West Forsyth.

4. UK7Dook3

Oops, stupid double post somehow

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  5. UK7Dook3

Make that stupid triple post, which proves that my wife's bumper sticker is true: "All men are idiots, & I married their King"

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  6. heels0710

heels0710 Full Access Member

West Forsyth vs. Davie was a great game until the 9th. Greg Holt (6-1) vs King (7-1) for Davie. Many people thought it would be pitchers duel but it turned out a little different. West had 15 hits for 10 runs ( Holt 2B, and 2 run HR) Matt Sapp (3 run HR), Garrison Lassiter 2 rbi's, Sammy Lucas (3 HITS FROM THE 9 HOLE). Davie has 7 hits for 13 runs (very productive). Zach Howard (3 run HR), Whit Merrifield(3 hits, one for 3 run HR), Brandon Stewart had struck 4 times but came through with a 2 run single in the 9th. Big left handed first baseman ( sorry no name) hit a 0-2 fastball for HR. Neither pitcher had their good stuff but both battled.
    If I was playing either team in the playoffs I would be very concerned about the bats. Big players stepped up in a big game on both sides. Davie tied the score in the top of the 7th with 2 outs on a wild throw from the catcher on a strikeout to continue the game. 9th inning, two
    West throwing errors from the pitcher (Robertson) and the big hit from Stewart to end it. Great game and all 5 teams entering the playoffs from the CPC are dangerous. Good luck to all.

7. Baseball7690

Baseball7690 Member

Who do you think will win the game monday night against Davie and North Davidson. North Has white on the mound and being that watson only threw 74 pitches in 7 innings(only giving up 2 hits) in a win over ER friday, Im sure he will be available for relief. Davie I believe will be throwing Kuell, a lefty.

8. dakota44

dakota44 Member

Davie is supposed to be starting sophomore Ryan Carter. His only loss was to North earlier in the season, he went up against White in that game, with North winning 4-2 (3 of the 4 runs were unearned). Carter also pitched the complete game against West Forsyth last tuesday, which Davie won. He held them to only 1 run the entire game till the bottom of the 7th, with 2 out, West homered with two guys on base, the final score being 8-4.

9. Baseball7690

Baseball7690 Member

should be a good game

10. wfufan13

wfufan13 Banned From TBR

what time and where is the davie/ n davidson game?