1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Class of 2011 recruiting thread...

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by bigdan, May 15, 2010.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Even with the class of 2010 about to graduate...its never too early to start talking the class of 2011.

Feel free to post any comments regarding the upcoming senior class.

2. noonballer

noonballer Junior Member

well-hidden in the mountains

Some seniors that few people know about because they play in the NC mountains. They are not top DI candidates but they are all players who could help the right college or university:
    Dustin Clark, Avery High, 6 ft 2, athletic, unlimited range but doesn't always see open teammates, great handle, drawing some small DI and DII interest.
    Damian Edwards, Watauga High, 6 ft 1 and probably still growing, ridiculously long arms for his size, unlimited range, fierce competitor, good at steals and blocks, weak on fundamentals at both ends. Drawing some small DI, DII, and DIII interest.
    Will Koppenhaver, Watauga High, 6 ft 6, may be surprise of NW3A/4A this year, not a leaper but intelligent player, strong mid-range game, good passer, technically sound defender. Drawing some DII and DIII interest.

Would love to know about other players like these. We can all read Bob Gibbons and Dave Telep's reports of kids everyone knows about.

3. mountainball

mountainball Full Access Member

weak on fundamentals on both ends - - - - seriously?? That's funny

4. hititfar

hititfar Full Access Member

My favorite was "doesn't always see open teammates" funny stuff....

5. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

yeah

is that the same as a ball hog?? never saw a shot he didn't like.

6. NCballer23

NCballer23 Junior Member

If you ask me, Damian Edwards should be mentioned first on this list of hidden talent basketball players. Dustin Clark is quite possibly the worst decision maker/passer/teammate that I have seen play in the entire state of North Carolina. I was a college coach for quite a few years in South Carolina and I have seen the type of players that deserve to play at the highest collegiate level and Dustin Clark's skills are mediocre at best. Damian Edwards is a tenacious defender and has completely outplayed Clark at every game that I have seen them play against and even with each other. His shooting ability complimented by his refined dribbling skills make him the best candidate on this list of players for the MVP in the Northwest. Clark has long strides to make if he wishes to be successful with a higher level of players, but in my opinion he comes off as very arrogant and selfish when his team gets down and will most likely turn out to be a fall out.

7. bunny33

bunny33 Junior Member

I guess you were not much of a coach since you "used to coach in SC". Really does'nt matter what your opinion is of either guys. You are just someone of zero importance. :REDanceBanana008:

8. bunny33

bunny33 Junior Member

I guess you were a great coach being that you no longer coach. You opinions mean nothing to eaith guys. People like you give us all something to laugh about.:dead-horse-fast2: