1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Can I hear it for the East?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by JM15, May 31, 2008.

1. JM15

JM15 Moderator

2A, 3A, and 4A Champions all reside in the east. Way to go fella's.

(And congrats to the folks out in Churryvul)

2. Diesel1

Diesel1 Stay Strong, Uncle Sam.

:five:

:cheers2:
    :th_90edab00:

Good Job All The Way Around!

3. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

just because the east won the state championship games doesnt make the east better though, just like if boston beats LA in the nba finals it doesnt make the eastern conference stronger than the west. it's about depth.

4. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

What do you get for depth?

About the same thing you get for having a strong conference. No, its about who gets the ring.

There is no way we can know who has the most dept , east or west. But really who cares? The only thing that matters is who takes home the ring.

Why is it so important to some people what part of the state has the best baseball? Could it be that all parts of the state have strong programs and some weak programs? You dont get a trophy or a ring for being in the west or the east. You get a ring for being on a team that wins it all.

5. OurPasttime713

OurPasttime713 Full Access Member

Right but would you rather go through the playoffs playing teams like South Central in the 4th round who were under .500, or would you rather have to try and make it through on the side where the #1 team in the state Southeast Guilford can't make it out of round 1?

All that matters is who wins the ring but that doesn't mean you can't discuss which side is stronger. Obviously in the NBA its an advantage to be in the Eastern Conference, its far less brutal than the Western Conference. In NC high school baseball there isn't a gap this big, but people like to discuss and give their opinions about which side is harder to come out of.

Why don't you tell teams like Duke Baseball that it doesnt matter about conference strength. Duke was 26-0 against non-acc opponents and something like 10-20 against ACC teams, therefore missing the regional. Clemson, same thing. It obviously is beneficial to be on a weaker side, so people like to discuss which side may be stronger/weaker

6. SportsFever

SportsFever Member

lets look at 4A.

ak had a more difficult and perhaps tougher route to the state championship. but once they lose to rose (esp in 2 games) then that does not matter. it is erased.

obviously the east rules.

7. ForTheLoveOfTheGame

ForTheLoveOfTheGame Full Access Member

I would like to put some teams from the east in some conf. in the west and see them go all season and playoffs. The West has a tougher haul just to get to the finals but with that said HATS OFF TO THE EAST.

8. Coach 27

Just tell me why

you feel the west in 3A is stronger. Give me your top 3A teams in the west and then tell me who the top 3A teams in the east were. Then tell me why you believe the west was stronger.

If South Central advancing is the basis for your argument then you obviously dont know anything about eastern nc baseball. They are very good. They had several players out due to injuries and got them back late in the year. They are coached by one of the best hs coaches in this state. They play a brutal non conference schedule.

Again just give me your reasons why you feel the west is better than the east in 3a baseball. Give me the teams in the west you feel are better than the other top teams in the east.

And again I dont feel either side is stronger or weaker. I think it varies from year to year.

9. Coach 27

I sure would love for you guys to give me the reason

you feel the west has a tougher haul. What is that based on? Have you seen these other teams in the east play? And I always thought the tougher competition you played during the year the better it made you at the end of the year. Every team had a week off before the finals. Every team had all of their pitchers rested and ready to go. So your saying the east won because the top teams had cake walks to the finals, the west didnt because they beat each other up to get there? This aint football guys.

I think the 4A west was stronger this year. But the best 4A team was from the east.

I think the 3A was a wash this year. But the best 3A team was from the east.

I think the 2A east was stronger this year. And the best 2A team was from the east.

I have no idea in 1A. But the best 1A team in the state was from the West.

10. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Clearly Baseball in NC has over the past few years exploded in the quality of play across the state. Look at the players that have gone on to the next level. There are quality programs and coaches across the state. Some are more well-known than others here because we havent branched out to all areas of the state with TBR, but we're getting there. People who live in Eastern NC and are ignorant of Western NC baseball, will say the East is stronger, and vice versa.

Something to think about, records can mean little when it comes to quality baseball. Re-read Coach 27's comments with regards to South Central's record. Just to reach the title series it takes good players, good play and luck, yes I said luck. Teams who reach the finals are fortunate, whether they make their luck or not, that's part of baseball and teenagers. Dont put down a team on how you think they go there, the bottom line is they are there and they took home the prize!!