1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Burns??

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by bigfish45, Nov 11, 2005.

1. bigfish45

bigfish45 Junior Member

Well, Burns will be traveling to West Rowan this coming Friday. Anyone who has seen Burns play please tell me what to expect. I have heard their QB was out for the first few games of the season, but what is their offense like? run oriented? pass oriented? Defense? run stopper? pass blocker? who are some athletes to watch out for?

2. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

play smart win smart

well i just got home from the hickory burns game and the answer to ur question is they pass the majority of the time.. they have a good QB that u have to pin him in with the rush.. u cant give him lanes to get up in or he'll kill ya.. he'll run and draw ur dbs up and then burn ya.. but i do have to say this.. had it not been for some dumb coaching on the hky side of the field.. hickory would be the one traveling to west rowan.. hickory ran the ball like crazy in 1st half but like i said... dumb coaching resulted in them throwing the ball and having interceptions give burns too many chances.. but play smart and take care of the ball and contain the QB and have ur db's pay attention to when that qb passes the line of scrimmage and u should beat em.. good luck to ya

3. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Lance Camp is the QB for Burns, and he hasn't missed any time this season. The Burns offense begins and ends with Lance. He's the motor that makes the car go. He already has over 7000 yrds over his time at Burns and he's only a Jr. Brandon Jackson is the RB. He's a solid 1000 yrd back. Also could see Harvey Kee in the backfield as well. The top 2 WR's are Uylysses Tuft and Shamar Howell. Howell transfered to Burns via Japan because his dad was in the military. This kid can fly if he get's into space.

The defense for Burns is their weak point. They give up way to many yards, and let some teams hang around in games and it cost them late in some of them. Burns can be a very good team, but they also can hurt themselves so it has been a Jeckyl and Hyde season for them.

They are a very athletic club.

4. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

To me this game will be about match-ups. The Burns defense vs. the WR offense has got to be a major concern for the Bulldogs. WR will ram the ball at them all night long if they show ANY signs of weakness. Trust me, Wade Moore is no easy man to bring down. WR will get a strong push when they need a few yds. or they can get them outside, it does not matter. I realize that Burns plays tough competition but I can assure you that this will be the best defensive unit they have faced this season. Big, strong and lightning quick. They're looking to run through you rather than take on your block and they can bring it. But if Camp can elude their attacking style of play it may open things up a bit for the Bulldogs. I may be attending this one if I dont go to Kannapolis on Friday.

5. patsfansince85

patsfansince85 Yes, really!

Burns and Hickory

Let me straighting some things up about Burns and Hickory. First and foremost, Jackson, the running back for Burns has not gotten 1,000 yards this season. He's around 800 or so.

Burns QB is amazing. I don't know what his grades are, but he has GOT to be a D-1 prospect.

As for coaching for Hickory, I disagree with RobAC65. Hickory had been adding more and more to their passing offense late in the season. It had been working effectively, though, to much less talented teams. But getting that experience, in a game situation, helped them stay in the contest until the last two minutes or so. Also, Hickory was down 28-14 at halftime. While Hickory had been running well, they were not producing POINTS.

Burns defense is their biggest weakness. They did give up over 400 yards of total offense to Hickory. But when Camp goes 200 on the ground and 150+ in the air, the opposing team is likely going to go down in defeat.

6. smashmouth5

You still have to consider Brandon Jackson a solid 1000 yrd back.

In his first 2 seasons at the Varsity level Brandon rushed for 2,619 yrds. I don't care if he's short this year are not. If you look at his time at Burns, he has been a solid 1000 yrd rusher. He's having to do a lot more this year on defense and that has certainly cut into those numbers some.

Lace Camp is a Jr.

7. smashmouth5

5,550 Anthony Hillman Kings Mountain 1996-1999
    4687 Martray Littlejohn Crest 2001-2004
    4557 Travis Padgett Crest 2001-2004
    4420 Josh Brown Burns/Crest 1997-2000
    3809 Marcus Mauney Shelby 1968-1970
    3684 Brian Clemmons Crest 1995-1998
    3567 Nelson Woods Burns 2000-2002
    3248 Tony Scott Burns 1992-1994
    3168 Travis Roseboro Shelby 1997-1999
    3089 Ken Baily KM 1955-1957
    2914 Cedric Surratt Shelby 1985-1987
    2911 Brandon Jackson Burns 2002-2004

This is were Brandon Jackson ranks in Cleveland County all time rushers.

Not sure when these were posted or last updated. Here's the web-site. It has a lot of stats on Cleveland County.

http://ccfootball.com/ccrecordbook.html

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  8. CANIPE

CANIPE Full Access Member

Jackson

My kids go to East Rutherford. I watched them play Burns this year. I work with Jackson's father. If he's not a 1000 yd rusher this year, it will be because they throw the ball, well lets just say, alot. And that Burns D? well lets just say those ERHS cavs had no trouble scoring--(51-27)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005