1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

brush back pitch...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by yhatemetoo, Nov 8, 2012.

1. yhatemetoo

yhatemetoo Full Access Member

not quite HS yet, but applies to then, what do you guys think about a U-10 coach teaching 8 year olds an off-speed pitch to "rattle the cage" of the batter......opinions needed then i will give mine

2. Score

Score Full Access Member

My opinion is that Daddy probably wasn't a good player himself...Grow up...he's 8.

3. Post15fan

Post15fan Full Access Member

Ditto

At what's now called "Bobby Richardson Park" my most wonderful coach, Mr. Gupton (r.i.p), wouldn't let me pitch at 6 or 7 because he thought I might injury the other children. What a great man. Most picked daisies but he never raised his voice to any members of our "Peanut League" nor ever needed any assistance from parents. Learn to love the game first.

Speaking of giving people. Mr. Richardson was at the Billy Graham Library a few weeks ago signing "Impact Player", his new book. And when he ran out of books, he stayed several hours past schedule to talk to each person in line, take photos, and sign whatever you had. 11 years as a NY Yankee, 30 consecutive World Series games, 6 RBI's in one WS game, 13 RBI's in a WS, Uof S.Carolina baseball coach.... and still he was in no hurry, as thoughtful as they come.

4. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Let me get this straight...
    IF - IF a coach is "teaching" an 8 year old a brush-back pitch, then forget whether it's FB or CU.
    (And if I misinterpreted your setup then I retract and apologize now, because...)
    This is not a coach.
    This is an idiot.

Respectfully,
    John Fowler
    Head Coach, Glenn High, Kernersville