1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Brevard College Prospect Camp

Discussion in 'Baseball Clinics' started by nados, Aug 16, 2011.

1. nados

nados Junior Member

Brevard College will have a prospect instruction based camp for grades 8th-12th on October 8th at Gil Coan field at Brevard College in Brevard NC.
    This link will have information and the Fall camp Brochure.
    http://bctornados.com/page.asp?articleID=1703
    For any other information please e-mail Coach Walsh at [email protected]
    or call at 919-538-2387.
    Thanks and we hope to see you in Brevard.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I really hope people across our state start looking at this college the way I do...a potential gold mine.

Here is what I like about it:

- One of the most beautiful campus in our state. If you don't like Brevard then you are not from Caroliner

- It's a member of the SAC Conference. One of the best baseball conferences around with Wingate, Catawba, Tusculem, Carson Newman, etc.---programs that historically send players to the MLB

- But this is the most important element outside of academics. The program needed a leader and they got one in Coach Matt McCay; the former assistant UNC coach has already made his mark on his program.

He's a terrific guy, a heckuva coach and what you see is what you get. The man that you meet during recruiting is the same coach during the season---honest, fair and hard working.

I hope people start focusing on another outstanding opportunity, and what better way to get yourself acquainted with the program then by attending this camp.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. Bunky

Bunky .

the ball field used to be a corn field. it's gotta be magical.

4. Braves

Good point Bunky!! Hey, you never know. It might become the home of Bunky Jr

5. Bunky

Bunky .

funny thing is, i grew up in Brevard and would definitely move back in a minute. If JB got a chance in '15, it's a deal.

6. 3play

3play Full Access Member

Brevard

Dropped son number 2 off there yesterday. He is excited about having the opportunity to play for Coach McCay. I believe Coach will build a strong program the right way.

7. Bulldogsbacker

Bulldogsbacker Full Access Member

Under your advisement Braves, we will attend this camp. Its very inexpensive and we are looking forward to it. They contacted us a few weeks ago and its time to start visiting some campuses.

8. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

Coaches

There is no doubt that Coach McCay will build a great program. I think if the pitching staff holds up this year they might have a chance to win the conference. Coach Allingham does a great job recruiting! I think he knows every kid in N.C. The thing about Matt is he is always the same. Players love coaches who never change and is straight forward.He is as good as they come! A very good coach and a great person! Coach Walsh is as laid back as they come. He is a very good hitting instructor and is able to teach the things he learned in Pro ball.Just a great group of coaches!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  9. Braves

Could not have said it better!!!!!

10. Hot Corner Dad

Hot Corner Dad Newcomer

Coach Allingham

Coach Allingham was at Methodist when he recruited my son. Of all the coaches we met on the recruiting trail (from D1 to D3 and everything in-between), Allingham was the one who most impressed me. He worked his tail off and was always encouraging to my son. There were coaches who would call my son that turned him off. Other coaches just made him feel awkward or pressured. But Allingham, who called most consistently, was one of the coaches my son actually enjoyed talking to. I think Brevard got them a good one.