1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Braves outs The Captain!!!

Discussion in 'College Baseball' started by The Captain, Jul 3, 2011.

1. The Captain

The Captain Full Access Member

Braves, you "outed" me. You know I am Federal Witness Protection.:laugh2: Well I guess it had to happen. Since the boy graduated from college in May and his baseball career came to an end two weeks earlier, I had not visited TBR. Before last night's broadcast, Coach Wise told me there were some discussion of the Aggies on the TBR.
    I got home and low and behold, he was right. Once my head returned to its correct size (and I was able to remember my password), I decided to post.
    Thanks to everyone for their comments. I love doing the games and have a great time doing them.
    Last night's twinbill had a new twist. Typically in the SCBL, the home team handles the Teamline broadcast. Last night, I get to the pressbox and find Will Long, the broadcaster for Carolina Sting. I knew we would be talking over each other with separate broadcasts so we quickly decided to do a joint broadcast.
    What a blast. I hope it was coming over the internet as smoothly as it appeared in the booth. We certainly had challenges, I had to broadcast from a standard telephone and he was using his cell phone so we were in essence calling the game on 2 separate calls to Teamline.
    I was thrilled to discover that my new partner was the "Voice of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets" this past season and was honing his skills this summer with the Sting. We alternated play by play and color every two innings and it was great fun.
    Thanks again for all kind words and if you know anyone in broadcasting, I would love to do this for a living. (Its a shame to discover what you want to be when you grow up and you are 52 years old)

All the best, The Captain

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'm sorry HD, I couldn't help myself. I was trying to lure you out of hibernation, but what can I say...facts are facts and you are one of the best. The league and Morganton, in particular, is very fortunate to have you!!!!!

So now that you are out of the Witness Protection program i hope you become a regular!!! :bottomup: