1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Braves or Applejack, any info on

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by BigRed, Feb 19, 2003.

1. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

Butler. Freedom may have to play them in second round if Butler beats Hopewell. Do they press, run man-to-man, I know they must like to run because they usually score alot of points. Do they have much height, who's their best player, that sort of thing. Thanks for any help.

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Here you go BigRed:

Butler- can go after you with their press. They are extremely quick and aggressive. Their point guard, Jeff Worley, is small, but extremely strong. In my opinion, he is the leader of the team. McMillan(sp) is their top scorer, but not their best player. Their best player is a Sophomore named Mantoris Robinson (center). The kid can play!

They are not tall, but they play aggressively. They will not be a favorite to go far into the playoffs, but they are the most dangerous team to face. I wouldn't want to play them.

3. Applejack

Applejack ALL WINTER TAN

Braves is right on the money with his description as usual.
    Now, the shoe is on the other foot, give us your description of the Freedom team.

4. BigRed

BigRed Junior Member

Freedom and Butler sound alot alike. Freedom's not big and likes to pressure the ball full-court and half-court. They like an up-tempo game, I believe they've averaged around 84 or 85 points a game this year. Their best player is junior Chris Moore, he averages around 20 ppg and had a school record 46 this year. He plays the point and is solid passing and handleing the ball. Probably averages around 5 assists a game. Justin Mack is their best post player, only around 6'2" but can jump out of the gym. They play around 9 or 10 players without a big drop off in talent. Have beaten #2 team in 2A (West Caldwell) twice, the #6 team in 3A (Forestview) twice, Garinger once to start the season and I believe they're currently in the top 10 in 4A, so we've beaten some good teams this year.