1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Boxman's American Legion Rankings June 10th

Discussion in 'American Legion' started by Boxman, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

Rankings for June 10th

1. Morehead City
    2. Stanly
    3. Lexington
    4. Caldwell County
    5. Rowan County
    6. Scotland County
    7. Cherryville
    8. Eastern Randolph
    9. Cary
    10. Rutherford County

HM
    Newell
    Roxboro
    Shelby
    Wilson
    Henderson County
    Snow Hill

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  2. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I'm not qualified to comment on other Areas, but I think you identified the 3 best teams from Area III. It's a tossup who is the best.

But I'll say this: I've watched Lexington Post 8 play several games, & this is by far the best lineup I've seen in 10 years. That includes the state runner-up cinderella team of 05 (on which my son batted clean-up). I've teased Tyler that he'd struggle to be their batboy. He thinks I'm joking...but I mean it. I've never seen such lethal power!

The only question: Can the pitching keep pace with the hitting & defense? I'm very optimistic...but Rowan & Stanly have some mature big game pitchers. Should be fun to watch our League & playoffs unfold.

3. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Rowan, Lexington, Stanly

I agree, but don't count out Mocksville-Davie as well. I really think Rowan is going to be hard to beat in a series, when they can line up their pitchers.

4. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Having seen Rowan, Lexington and Mocksville,,,,, and knowing that Stanly County is undefeated having outscored their opponents something like 59-6,,, in my opinion,,,,,,,, Rowan, Lexington and Stanly are CLEARLY the top 3 teams in Area III South.

Kannapolis has beaten everyone else in the league (including Mocksville with their ace McDaniel throwing),,,,,,,,, but (again my 2 cents) the 2nd tier teams are probably all equal and can beat each other on a given night.

Rowan, Lexy and Stanly have separated themselves from the rest of the Area 3 South. And you won't go wrong with whatever order you put those top 3.

5. homeplate

homeplate Full Access Member

Mocksville pounded 1st place and undefeated Stanly County 12-6
    last night

6. UK7Dook3

Wow. Do you know who the starting pitchers were?

FYI Lexington intentionally scheduled no games Saturday-Tuesday to give the Seniors a beach trip window.

7. dakota44

dakota44 Member

Mocksville had Jake Koontz (West Rowan) on the mound. I believe he pitched 7 innings and Brad Corriher pitched the 8th. Mocksville actually had them down 10 or 11 to nothing thru the first 6 innings, Stanly started hitting the ball in the 7th. Stanly's coach actually quit the game in the bottom of the 8th because their shortstop got ejected from the game, for some reason they elected not to continue, so the 9th inning wasn't played.
    Mocksville also beat South Rowan in extra innings Saturday night, with John McDaniel on the hill. He was very sharp, ended up with about 14-15 K's. So they have knocked off the 2 top teams in the last 2 nights.
    They won both of those games with several starters missing. Heath Boyd, Zach Howard, Chris Kinard, Tom Kuell and Corey Norman are all at the beach. I'm sure the other teams were missing a few but it was good to see the other guys step up and get the job done :clap:

8. travisunc

Reply to Dakota 44

Mocksville beat SOUTH Rowan, not Rowan County. South Rowan is in the bottom half of the league. Your quote about "beating the top 2 teams" is incorrect. Rowan County's only loss was to Lexington in extra innings. Mocksville has a very good team in my opinion, that is not getting a lot of respect.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  9. UK7Dook3

Travis, I've only seen this edition of Mocksville play once, so I can't speak with authority. Lexington 10 run ruled their #2 pitcher (kid from Forbush).

They didn't appear to have the 1 through 9 power that Stanly, Rowan & Lex have. That's why I don't consider them as a legit threat to win the regular season title.

But neither was Lex 2 years ago. And like that team, they have enough talent & a primo ace (Johnny Mac is a dandy). So they could shock the world in the tournament. Anyone who draws them in best of 5 series had better come prepared to play 5 games.

10. travisunc

Rowan beat Mocksville by the mercy rule with McDaniel pitching, 15-5 earlier this year. I'm not sold on Stanly, and don't know why, really . I think Lexington and Rowan are the two best in the league......and think Mocksville can challenge Stanly head to head. Rowan can pitch about 10 guys who either threw in college this year or were the number 1 or 2 on state playoff high school teams. Defensively, Rowan is very, very solid. Lexington smashes the ball, however. I think a series between these two would be great.