1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Baseball America Draft Preview - Bumgarner mentioned early

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Westsider, May 13, 2007.

1. Westsider

Westsider Member

Perfect Game Draft Preview - Bumgarner mentioned early

I thought some here might be interested in this. Perfect Game Crosschecker recently came out with sort of a draft preview for the top 15 picks. Bumgarner is mentioned as early as the fifth pick and also at thirteen with Cleveland, who picks right before the Braves. I hope Madison pitches well in the playoffs, but if he does he might pitch himself out of reach for the Braves to have a shot at him. Of course, these things are completely unpredictable.
    http://www.pgcrosschecker.com/draft/2007/notebooks/allansimpson/notebook_51007.aspx

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  2. BulldogFan3

BulldogFan3 Full Access Member

wow thats really impressive i kinda hope south caldwell and butler win out so i can see him play, and maybe talk a little junk

3. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

He will go early

Madison is a special talent. A LHP with that size and that velocity just isnt going to be around long on the board unless there are signability issues. Right how he is listed anywhere from the 3-5 in the 07 HS class overall. And the top LHP in the 07 HS class. I think first round is a given. But draft day can be very crazy with all the stuff going on behind the scenes. One thing we do not know is what is his signability? That can go a long way to determining where he goes in the draft like alot of other guys.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

To go along with signability issues. Two of the pitchers ranked slightly ahead of Madison are advised by Scott Boras. I think that may play a role in the decision making process.

Madison has excellent advisors with great knowledge and rapport with all of the organizations. He will make an informed decision, but I don't believe signability will be an issue. It's more a matter of "does he want to go to college? or play professionally now?" There is no question he will become an instant millionaire, if he so chooses.

This is the only debate that I see: He is only 17. He can continue to hang with his peers, enjoy the college life, make friends for life and leave just short of a college degree...or bank his bonus, buy a new truck, hang with older guys, live as an adult, face adult challenges and have a guaranteed life changing money sitting there when he hangs up his spikes.

It's a tough decision. One that we all wish we had at his age.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Gotta love it... :iagree:

Best wishes to this young man with a great opportunity...

6. Braves

Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say, "Buy a new truck..........

for Braves"

7. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

Plan on going to this game tomorrow. Have never seen this kid pitcher, but have heard a ton of good things. What can I expect from him. How hard does he throw, ..... off speed stuff ..... whatever info you can give.

8. batsandballs29

batsandballs29 Full Access Member

smooth, flowing motion from a big 6'4" kid. very easy to the plate.

easy gas from 93-96. good change up. slider is tight when its on, but sometimes erratic.

if he is on and hitting his spots, he's very, very tough. if he is a little off and the hitters are patient, he can get himself into trouble. thing is, he usually gets himself out of trouble too

9. Braves

10. TBA

TBA Full Access Member