1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All District

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by JHeyKid#22, Jun 6, 2013.

1. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

I think the point is that EVERYONE nominated was voted in because there were not enough entrants. The All-District list is smallllllllllllllllllll, and I for one can name several players that I shook my head at.

Personally, although my daughter is long out of high school, I would happily volunteer to personally watch games, contact coaches, and make nominations in our District based upon skill, contribution, etc - all the things that make an All-District player. I have seen teams with absolutely no one named which certainly had All-District caliber players.

They say it takes a village to raise a child. Perhaps it takes volunteers committed to assuring that girls are recognized and that the All-District/All-State recognition goes to those that have earned it (but whose schools do not make a single nomination) and eliminates this "I am going to nominate my whole team because they will all make it mentality."

Pops, if you want a volunteer, sign me up.