1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All District Announced

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by NCSCA Webmaster, Jun 23, 2012.

1. NCSCA Webmaster

NCSCA Webmaster Member

All District has been posted on the North Carolina Softball Coaches Association's website. Thank you for your patience.

www.ncfastpitch.org

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

would like to congradulate Dakota Kellar, div 6 3A player of the year.....way to go kid, know mom and dad are happy as heck....hard work does pay off

3. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

Sadly it appears that, once again, many many schools have once more not even bothered to submit nominations. I can name, at just a glance, at least 9 schools in which players were not even nominated. :(

Congratulations to all the young ladies that were given the All-District nod - you should be VERY proud.

Special congrats to McKenzie Weaver District 4's 4A Pitcher of the Year and Chelsea Long District 4's 2A Player of the Year. Both super fabulous kids and players :)

4. cheeze105

agree, bessemer city went far in 2A and not a player on this list....sad

5. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Blame the coaches for not bothering...

Blame the parents for not pressuring the coaches and not making sure the information is in their hands!!!!

Do not blame the NCSCA. Without them there would be no opportunity.

6. cheeze105

i, personally dont blame the organization.....i've know Pop too long and know how its Supposed to work.....some coaches just dont know, others just dont care to spend the time.....sad

7. justsoftball

justsoftball Full Access Member

I NEVER blame the NCSCA. It is the responsibilities of coaches and their athletic directors to make certain worthy players are nominated. I had my daughter up at the field this morning batting and fielding at 7 am. Happened to run into one no-nominee school assistant coach and jokingly scolded them for not nominating anyone for all-district and all-state this year. His reply was very honest: We didn't have an all-district or all-state player on the team this year. I would disagree on one player, but agree with that stance overall.

Now, I absolutely agree with this perspective: IF you do not feel a girl is all-state caliper, don't make any nominations.

Knowing it would take 2 hands for me to name the players that are all-district/all-state caliper and were among those whose schools did not make a nomination, I simply have to shake my finger and say: C'mon coaches: these girls work hard for you all season. Take the time to fill out that piece of paper and turn it in!

Given all of this plus so much more that Pop and company have to deal with for these awards, they surely don't have time to chase schools down :)

The NCSCA have their work cut out for them.

8. central-d

central-d Full Access Member

while i do agree that some coaches are just to lazy to put in the effort there are other reasons some don't nominate players. Mainly is the teams themselves. so many girls that make the all district teams that they basically mean nothing. Cutting it down to the best players and not just putting girls there because they were nominated would make more coaches want to participate. Maybe just have a first and second team for each position and make it of the best players. I know of several players who are on the team that don't really aren't good enough to be all district but got the nomination and are there. Till it becomes based on performance and not just nominated and you make it I'm sorry but many won't put forth the effort. I commend the effrots of the coaches association and know you have to star somewhere but lets try to make it more meaningful and maybe it will grow

9. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Something is wrong somewhere, for sure. Maybe it would help if more effort was made to inform the various conference committees that make All Conference selections.

In the Greater Neuse conference, for example, Garner, East Wake nor Knightdale has any selections. Everyone who watches these teams knows very well there are All District and All State players on those rosters.

Whatever the system is now, it isn't working. If it is to be, it needs to be improved. Someone needs to get together and do some brainstorming. All that could be done is not being done.

It's not just the fault of the coaches. Most coaches certainly care enough about their kids to submit their names. One suggestion is to somehow make certain it is a subject for discussion at the conference meetings.

10. HS-Coach

HS-Coach Junior Member

I am a high school coach and I only nominate those that I feel are worthy. What I see many times are coaches who nominate girls who didn't even make all conference. It's those coaches who use all-district as a way to satisfy parents. My beliefs are that the awards are watered down so they don't mean as much. There were two kids from our conference who's team finished last with one win and are all-district. I know we are trying to build these girls up but come-on?