1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All Conference Players

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by DCAWBASEBALL, May 19, 2005.

1. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

This year on Mocksville-Davie senior legion, we have several Davie students who start and play. 1B/P/OF- Brad Corriher, SS-Lance Emert, CF-Zach Vogler, LF-Matt Smith, P/1B- Andrew McClannon, P-John Mcdaniel. And look at our record so far this season. A very strong team with several DAvie starters.

2. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

reynolds

Reynolds also had 6 all conference players. Why would the 2 last teams have the best players and still be last? What is the reason for that?

3. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

reynolds all conference players

Nick DeRose, Hampton Foushee, Jay Laramore, Torrey Johnson, Dustin Johnson, and David Orr ( who is cool)

4. rjr4dad

rjr4dad Full Access Member

In Reynold's defense, they beat West Forsyth 3 out of 4 times this year, once in the finals of the Forsyth County Tournament, and twice during the CPC regular season. West finished tied for first in the CPC regular season, won the CPC tournament and made it to the semi-finals of the State tournament.

In Davie's defense, they beat Reynolds 2 out of 4 times. And in one of those losses, Davie had a 3-0 lead with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th before Reynold's came back to win the game.

The five teams in the CPC this year were very equal in talent and the final regular season records reflects that parity. Three teams finished with 7-5 records (South Rowan, North Davidson, and West Forsyth) and Reynold's finished with a 6-6 record.

Perhaps Catamount36 could give us an explanation of how the voting is done for All-Conference in the CPC.

5. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

This all conference stuff has turned into a joke i guess since there are not very many teams in the conference who ever is submitted by the coaches is on the all conference team.But how can Davie County have six players and they can't even play .500 baseball They even played a weaker non league schedule than most teams.i don't understand what is going on in Davie County baseball there legion teams are doing well but there High school team can't get it done. even heard at the Mocksville/Rowan legion game that 2 coaches have left the program again that is seven coaches that have left in 3 years.Also heard that the coach was bad mouthing some of his players already causing animosity for next year.What will be the problem next year. Jealousy among players, cancers on the team, infield in bad shape, glare off the grandstand,no pitching what will it be.

6. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

coach mcknight, head JV coach, won't be returning next year because his children are starting to grow up and he wants to spend more time with them. That's very understandable.

But, homerun, you say 2 have left, i dont know about that, or maybe im just out of the loop.

You say you heard the coach was bad mouthing some of our players? who and what about? Because I know Coach Herndon is a respectable coach and I dont think he would say that. What is it that he suposably said?

Plus, with your reasons for Davie's failures, next year they will have a deep pitching staff, great field if it is kept up like Andrew Jones and Charles Kurfees are keeping up with it, there is no glare because it is painted green, and the cancers or jelousy among us will have to be dealt with.

But i would really like to know what it is you heard during the legion game.

7. CPCbaseball

CPCbaseball Full Access Member

dont forget the excuse that "we are young." i have heard that for the last four years about davie co. how can you continue to be young year in and year out. eventually they have to become old. will we hear that again next year?????

8. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

and cpcbaseball, this year we are not young.

and in the past years those that played when they were young did not play when they were "old" so they made the younger kids play up, and kept Davie young. get it

9. HEAT

HEAT Full Access Member

Home Rum 4... RE: CPC All Conference Players

I don't really know why you have such a problem with Davie. Their record may not have been that great, but that does not mean that they did not have a lot of good, deserving players that should and did make all conference for the CPC. This board is about promoting players, teams,and conferences, not bashing them.