1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All Conference Players

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by DCAWBASEBALL, May 19, 2005.

1. SVMOM09

SVMOM09 Junior Member

2005 SPC ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM

PIEDMONT: Timmy King, Dallas Tarelton, Rob Lyerly, Bryan Parker
    SUN VALLEY: Chuck Hargett, Andy Tillman, Andy Kwasnik
    WEDDINGTON: Joe Mangum, Scott Summey, Zach Winchester, Jeremy Sain
    PARKWOOD: D.J. Phillips
    ROBINSON: Greg McClat, Frank McAteer, Jacob Jernigan
    CONCORD: Chris Aldridge, Blair Troutman
    ANSON: Barquell Rivers

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Timmy King, Pm
    COACH OF THE YEAR: Archie Fritz, SV

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

6 players from Davie made all conference. Yes 6, with our record. They are very talented. Do not know what happened during the season.

Senior:
    Lance Emert-SS
    Juniors:
    Zach Vogler-CF
    John McDaniel -P
    Sophomores:
    Whitt Merrifield- 2B
    Zach Howard - 3B
    Brandon Stewart - RF

3. Indy Dad

Indy Dad Full Access Member

Independence All Conference

Daniel Cooke, Aaron Bray and Robby Bray were the players chosen from Independence for the ME CA-8 All Conference team.

4. deaconfan07

deaconfan07 Junior Member

CPC ALL CONFERENCE

ALL CONFERENCE FROM WEST FORSYTH

Seniors: Nick Sega-Riz, Dusty Snow, Jeff Guerrie

Sophmores: John Stamper, Greg Holt

I am still amazed that some schools who have a losing record get more than a teams who are Co-Champions. It is odd that North Davidson only gets 3 All Conference, West gets 5, South Rowan 4 and these teams won the conference. Davie gets 6 and finishes at the bottom. I am not saying that theses players are not deserving, but the sytem needs to be looked at to get a fair equity based on the conference standings. Reynolds I think only got 3 or 4 All Conference. 6 All Conference and no title?:lalala:

5. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

Did you ever think that maybe it's not the players, could be the coaching?

6. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

Just out of curiousity, I wonder what Davie County's record has been since Coach Lovelace left.

7. homerun4

homerun4 Full Access Member

Davie County has struggled since walser and Hunt left the program it is strange that Davie has struggled like they have in High School baseball like they have the past few years They have always done well in legion, aau and there fall team is always good . maybe it is the lack of pitching , Lack of dedication from the players who knows but these guys should be winning more than they are. it is always easy to take the easy way out and blame the coach maybe these guys aren't that good . but back to the all conference selections no Davie should not have had that many players on the all conference team maybe Vogler and Emert these guys can play the others can wait till next year.

8. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

I haven't seen a CPC All Conference team, but it was announced at North Davidson's sports banquet that ND had 4 (not 3) on that team: Andrew Hunt (CPC Player of the Year), Tyler McKenzie (signed with Belmont Abbey), Dutch Fulp (signed with Louisburg JC to play football), & Adam Kassouf (signed with App State to play football).

9. DCbaseball

DCbaseball Superman

davie county

homerun, how do u seem to know so much about Davie county?

each and every player selected from Davie deserved to be all conference. we just caught bad breaks all season long.

But how bout that 6 all conference players? I can guarantee you Davie will be one of the best teams next year. You can mark my word.
    They don't lack in any category.

10. deaconfan07

deaconfan07 Junior Member

No Playoffs in 7 years

I have always been a fan of Davie County baseball, but they have not made the playoffs in the past 7 years. Are you sure it is all coaching? If it is the players, then why do so many players from other schools start on their Senior Legion team? Davie does have a solid group of players coming back next year but pitching rules in the CPC. Brandon Johnson will not be the saviour to bring them over the top to the conference title. He threw very few innings for West based on the stats on e-teamz and had an ERA over 4. I hope he does well but he is making a good choice for baseball to moving to Davie. His chance of throwing at West is slim because of such a young and talented staff. I look forward to seeing Davie in the spring and hopefully these changes will make them more competitive.