1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2014 tryout threads, teams wanted, players wanted

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by cheeze105, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacout

sacout Full Access Member

The Lake Norman Lightning 16u showcase tryouts

The Lake Norman Lightning 16u showcase team will be holding tryouts Sunday, January 19th at 3:15, on the campus of North Mecklenburg High School.

We have a solid core of young women who desire to compete at a high level, have great work ethics and a desire to play at the next level. All positions are open.

Our head coach is Ashley Davis who is the Founder and former head coach of The Charlotte Starz.

For more information about The Lake Norman Lightning call the head of our organization Thomas Strahan at 704-726-6492 or e-mail him at [email protected]

2. Rain

Rain Junior Member

Alexander 14U

Alexander 14U is looking a few strong players. Have 7 committed girls and need at least 3 more. In particular need of a pitcher. We have one pitcher now but she has other commitments as well. All positions are considered open. We will evaluate the overall team when we get a full compliment of girls. This is an opportunity to showcase your daughter's skills at her best position. Expect to start tryouts/practicing in 1 to 2 weeks. Call or text if interested and more information will be available. Dean King 828-514-6602 or [email protected]

3. CatchersDad

CatchersDad Senior Member

Positions Available

Coach Retired-No positions available.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. icuplayfp

icuplayfp Full Access Member

CHATHAM ELITE 99 14U/SHOWCASE

The Chatham Elite 99 team would like to announce that we are looking to fill a few remaining spots on our 2014 roster. The team will play ASA, NSA, AAU and some USSSA tournament ball through the spring, we will play a few 16U showcase tournaments in the summer but will be moving up to strictly 16U & showcase ball after the 14U Queen of Diamonds Invitational tournament in Rock Hill on Labor Day weekend. We are looking for strong players that will be graduating in 2017 or 2018. If you have the desire to play in college & are willing to do the extra work to get there, you are the player we are looking for. We will be playing several of the top showcase tournaments in the Carolinas as well as the larger state & qualifying tournaments.

We are looking at all positions & are very interested if you are a pitcher or a quick outfielder. We normally practice in Randolph & Chatham counties.

The Chatham Elite is going on its 13th year of operation & we are getting stronger every year. We currently field competitive teams from 10U thru 18U. We are well known among college coaches for bringing some of the top talent in the Carolinas to the game. If you are a top player, it is easy to find a team to play with but are they set up to help get you into college. If you are looking for a team that will get you ready to be seen by College Coaches & an organization that knows the proper ways to do it, give me a call & let me tell you about the Chatham Elite.

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a private tryout contact:

John Benton: Call or Text (336)420-0850, e-mail [email protected]
    Chad Cecil: Call or Text (336)669-6716. e-mail [email protected]

Click on the link for viewing our website. Chatham Elite Fastpitch Softball - Home

5. dsmith12

dsmith12 Junior Member

The Lake Norman Fury 99/00 will move this weekend's tryout to Sunday, January 19, 2014 at Lincoln Charter School from 1pm to 3pm.

Lincoln Charter School
    7834 Galway Lane
    Denver, NC 28037

The Lake Norman Fury is based in Denver, NC. With teams in various age groups, including a Showcase team, our mission is to provide a first class organization for young ladies to compete at the highest level. We strive to help our young ladies become better players on the field and better citizens in the community. Information about all of our teams can be found at http://www.lakenormanfury.com/.

The Fury 99/00 team will play mostly local 14U tournaments in the Spring/Summer. If you have questions or to confirm that you will attend, please contact Coach Tim Cox.

Coach Tim Cox

[email protected]

6. carolinagators

carolinagators Full Access Member

Carolina Gators 18 Gold Looking

The Carolina Gators 18 Gold team is looking for young ladies that can play at the top level. IF you are signed already we will take you, If you looking to get signed, I can help you reach your dream.We will have few of our college girls coming back to play this summer.( Only 3to 4 girls that are D1 players) We are planning on playing in NC,SC, Va, Fl.This will be up to the families on our schedule, we could just stay close to home if need too. This summer will be for mainly for girls that are going in to their second year of college or girls that are signed and want to just go around and have a lot of FUN WINNING!

THAT BEING SAID THAT THE ONES THAT ARE NOT SIGNED YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE GETTING YOUR LOOKS WITH A TEAM WINNING. Its harder getting young ladies signed that are playing on teams that are getting it handed to them all the time. I've been at this for a long time now, I'm sure you or your parents have seen my coaching style, and you can asked anyone that has played for me in the past what kind of coach I am and 99.99% had fun and I did what I said I would and could do for them. For the parents, I'm not asking you to bring them to practice two,three times a week or month. We all live to far away, at this level most young ladies work out regardless. But, I expect them to come ready to play!! We will have one mandatory practice in the spring to get ready for the summer.

If you want to play at the next level or just keeping your game up or maybe looking to transfer I can make it happen. All, Iask is you do your part and I will take care of the rest. Please, Contact Coach Mike @ 910-367-2738 or 843-906-6656. ASAP! We have a lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Cape Fear Storm

Cape Fear Storm Junior Member

Cape Fear Storm - Black 16U - Tryouts/Practice

We are looking for "A" bracket players for showcase team with a heavy showcase schedule.

Tryouts:

January 25, 2014
    Garner High School
    9:00am - 12:00pm

Questions: Contact Tony at 843-200-7317 or [email protected]

8. jcclippers00

jcclippers00 Junior Member

JC Clippers '00 (Rick)

We are actively looking 3-4 players join our current roster as we begin the transition from 14u Bracket play to 16U Showcase over the next 12 months. We are looking for '00 and '99 birthyear players and position is not an issue. We have a coaching staff that has worked at the Showcase level and will work to help each family understand what is necessary to assist their daughters as they begin to pursue the dream of playing at the college level. We have players from across NC and have worked with multiple distance players in the past, so location is not an obstacle. If you have any questions or would like an opportunity to work out with us feel free to contact Rick (919-669-4360) or Chris (252-205-9257) or email us at [email protected]. You may browse our team and organization at www,eteamz.com/jcclippers.

9. CharlotteStarz

CharlotteStarz Junior Member

Charlotte Starz 14-U Gold Futures Tryout this Sunday

The Charlotte Starz 14U Gold is looking to add a select few 1999 and extraordinary 2000 birth year players to our core group. All positions will be considered including pitcher. We will be holding workouts for prospective players on Sunday, January 26, from 2pm – 5pm at our home field:

James Martin Middle School
    7800 IBM Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262

We are looking for excellent athletes who have a desire to work hard to grow themselves and the team. This is a college showcase team which strives for excellence and championship caliber play. We place a premium on an athlete’s character and attitude and seek players with strong support structures. All positions will be considered including pitching and catching.

Our Spring schedule will consist primarily of local tournaments. Then in the summer we will travel to ASA National Qualifiers and 14U/16U Showcase events.

The Charlotte Starz Tournament Organization has a very good reputation with collegiate coaches. We have a quality showcase program designed to assist our families along the spectacular, challenging, and confusing quest to attain their athlete’s dreams of playing in college. Please check out our website to see some of what we are doing: Charlotte Starz Tournament Softball

Please fill out a tryout request on the website or contact John Johnson at [email protected] or 704-778-2710.

10. Comets-Black

Comets-Black Junior Member

12u Carolina Comets-Black

The 12u Carolina Comets-Black is looking for 2 experienced travel ball players to complete our roster.

We are looking for dedicated team players to bring their "A" game.

Our team is made up of '01 girls but we will consider talented '02 players.

We practice at Lake Norman High School in Mooresville and have an indoor facility for winter workouts.

If you are interested, please contact Head Coach Ashley Kelly. [email protected]

Please visit our website @ Carolinacomets.org or our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/carolinacometsblack for more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.