1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2008 NW4A Predictions

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by FreedomGuy, Sep 1, 2008.

1. baseball1623

baseball1623 Junior Member

How would anyone think that acr will stand a chance this season. If you are talkin about their jv from last year being their young talent that is going to beat everyone this year, you must be crazy. Yes they are talented kids, but they lost to McDowell's jv twice last year and i don't think McDowell has much of a chance against freedom, so acr at best will finish 5th.

2. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

More satire.

3. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

They are going to run the table. Watch out.

4. mtnman606

mtnman606 Full Access Member

in aau ball watauga played what is the jv team at acr they are good but we beat them in a close game last year,and just like watauga they are young and are a year away from being a top team in the conference.

5. ebtb_10_04

ebtb_10_04 Junior Member

Its going to be fun to watch the NW4A this year and see who comes out on top but I project:

1. East Burke- they won't have much size other than Cody Shuffler now that Debro has been suspended, but they will have speed and look for them to play hard on the defensive end. They have some key juniors that will see a lot of playing time: Jo Jo Brown, probably the best defender on the team, Chris Collins, if its not all about him he is a good ball player and can push the tempo, and Jesse Huff, this kid can shoot it so watch out. Then you always have Corey Rhoney who is an outstanding player who will have to look for his offense more this year.

2. Freedom- with Ethan and Sam in the back court they will be tough, and form what I have heard Clifton Avery has improved quite a bit over the last year.

3. Alexander Central- Hargrave is a good player but I dont think the have enough to make it all the way to the top.

4. Watauga- They always have a good shooter and they are well coached.

5. Mcdowell- They lost a lot after last season but look for them to be competitive in 08-09. A strong jv team from last year looks to help rebuild this year.

6. AC Reynolds- Don't much about them but they did lose their best player in Clement after last season.

7. South Caldwell- South has never been any good at basketball so llok for them to finish in last yet again.

As for POY and COY im going with Cody Shuffler as POY and Casey Rogers as COY!

6. FREEDOMFAN

FREEDOMFAN Junior Member

ELI MILLER IS THE MAN

7. bballnut

bballnut Junior Member

I have seen ACR play in a few games before, one of those being last year when Watauga scored 100+ points on them. I can see where you would rank them low in the standings based on last years team, but this year i can't. Last year they started three sophmores, one junior, and one senior. The senior (Dj Clement) was mostly the backbone to the team. This year, the team is more experienced. They will have five players on the court that have played at the varsity level before, some for a year, some for two years, and some for three years. I look for this team to exceed the expectations that many people have given them. There is a lot of competition in the nw4a, mostly coming from Freedom And AC as well as others, i just look for the rockets to hang in there. I guess we will just have to wait and see how this season pans out. It should be interesting....