1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

South Caldwell High School Football

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by DownSouth, Oct 1, 2005.

1. believer

believer Member

South Caldwell 42
    McDowell 7

2. python

python It Happens

Isn't South Caldwell supposed to be haunted?

3. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Where's the Warden now?

Just curious what kind of "smack" the Warden will be talking now!

4. cougar man

cougar man Full Access Member

The season is just getting ready to start for the spartans. Dont be to cocky just yet!!!! The WARDEN may be watching!!!!! Spartans will have to step up against these above .500 teams! Have they beat one yet?

5. PostalDB42

PostalDB42 vandam lift extroardinare

lol had to laugh at that looking back on it

ok, south caldwell football has come a long way in the past few years. especially from the 01 and 02 seasons when the year end game vs. alexander was affectionately called the "toilet bowl". there's definately something changing over there and it showed up a lot last year. hope they keep it up and i wish them luck, except against alexander of course!

6. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Im still here, asshole. Wasn't at the game, but basically heard McDowell was a lil hungover from last week's loss to East Burke. SC's got talent, but talent only gets you so far. Davon Gardner still had a decent night, but you go from the frying pan in Gardner to the fire in Willie & Teddy Harper from ACR....Steamroller comes to mind when describing them. ACR 38...SC 14

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

It's funny reading all this :77321_bs: on the boards about South Caldwell and whether they are good or not. They have a nice little squad out there but I wouldn't exactly call them world-beaters just yet? You laid a good smacking on my Titans last night (everybody knows McDowell is a one-person team). You did come within two points of Freedom (refs or no refs) now lets see what you do the last two weeks of the season against Reynolds and Alex. Central before we get really up in the air about this teams chances.

8. reynoldsrocks23

reynoldsrocks23 1999,2002 4A State Champs

This is just my take on SC, regardless of who they have played or what people say about their strength of schedule, fact is they used to lose these games just a couple years ago. Is it a strong schedule? No, at least not according to the Massey Ratings (listed #81 of 91 4A teams). However lets give them credit for being 8-1. I remember just a few years ago they would have been 1-8 with this same schedule. The more they win, the more Alexander Central wins (another team on the rise compared to just a few years ago), the better it makes our conference look. Again just a few years ago the NW4A was at the bottom of the Massey Ratings in the conference rankings, this year we are listed 4th of 15 conferences. I hope to see McDowell and Watauga both follow suit with what South Caldwell and Alexander Central have done, it only helps our conference and makes everyone respect us more as a football conference as oppose to a basketball/baseball conference, however we still need to show we can win in the playoffs, so good luck to all the playoff teams!

9. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Are you sure?

I didn't figure we could get so lucky as to lose you and your polished vocabulary. And as for that, the moderators need to do a better job monitoring your posts.

As for the rest of your post, it was a lame excuse. Gardner did have a decent night against a good defense, he's a good running back.

As for my post, I just couldn't resist. I scout week in and week out, being completely objective about what I see. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. One of my weaknesses is that I can't stand someone full of smack, and as I've set back and read post after post, there's no doubt in my mind that you Sir Warden are definitely full of it.

10. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Dude, look at the posts on the rest of this forum...They're all the same, get over it.

Like I posted on the Charlotte.com boards a few days ago, Freedom back in 2003 lost a heartbreaker to East Burke on a miracle play to win it for the Cavs. BigDan was with me and he said, "If Freedom wins, they'll be tough to beat in the playoffs. But, if they lose, they'll be a first round knockout cause they'll be hung over from a very difficult loss." East Burke won it at the end, Freedom suffered the tough loss, they took it with them to Butler the next week in the playoffs, and lost 38-0 to a team they were expected to be very competitive with. Sometimes teams still carry a tough loss with them the next week and they lose. So the same for McDowell. They didnt focus on South like they should have, and South gave them a whippin' for it.

Yeah I got smack, you should meet me in person....I got more "Smack" than you'll want. :flaming:...IM the type that backs it up...Ya want "smack"? I'll give you smack.