1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Providence, Ardrey Kell and Marvin Ridge ALL go down in Round 1

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by 4Boards, May 11, 2012.

1. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

And now I see South Point !! Wow. I know there are differing thoughts on the "one and done". Days like today will renew that debate.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. baseballlady

baseballlady Full Access Member

Remember guys..........

You cannot win 'em all unless you win the first one!!
    :apeani::apeani::apeani::apeani::apeani::apeani::apeani:

3. tballcoach

tballcoach Over the Hill Coach

That is the funniest post I have ever seen! Very nice...

4. baseballlady

"Best post ever"???

Many of us would love to hear each of SW4A's five coaches describe their game.

5. catcoach

catcoach Full Access Member

Trust me... no you wouldn't.
    Not right now.

Hurt. Anger. Self doubt. Regret.
    They may be Darth Vader to you, but they are guys with hearts and passion that just took a deep cut.
    Something they poured themselves into for months just "died"... and they'll start pouring into it again in a couple days.
    Kids they have laughed and worked and battled others with for 2-3-4 years (seniors) just walked off that field for the last time. Seeing the backs of some of those kids wlalking away for the last time wrenches your innards.

Other teams won, and that's great for them!
    But can't we just celebrate that - without "glorying" in the "Big Boys'" defeats?
    Cut them a little slack... today at least.

Congratulations to every team who won. It is an accomplishment.

6. baseballlady

Classy reply, catcoach

Thanks for your sensitive and on target reply.
    Eventually though many of us would like to know what pitching "rotation" each head coach used. ie., did Buttrey start? Would just enjoy a discussion about what worked and what did not.

Tyanks,

BBF

7. TriadMan23

TriadMan23 Full Access Member

Great post, coach! I never took any loss as hard as I did my last one of my senior year. Me and my 8 other seniors just sat in the dugout and laughed about the good times/cried about the tough times together for about 2 hours after the conclusion of the game. Our parents had grown close over the years too and they did the same thing in the stands while they let us have our "moment" (if you can call that long of a time simply a moment).

I'm real big on rivalries and there are some schools I definitely don't usually root for, but around playoff time I have a soft spot for any team that loses and has it all come to an end. The finality of that last game is pretty crazy.

8. WB22

WB22 Full Access Member

Catcoach with another thoughtful post that reminds us about the finality of it for all concerned - well said and thanks.

9. 29er

29er Member

baseball

Baseball is a game that will drive you crazy! When you are loaded it's tough because anybody can beat you on any given day. when you are not so loaded you still have a chance. Coaches like Bobby Reynolds at East Rutherford amaze me how often they win it all because it's tough. Bobby is a great coach with great work ethic and he has great strategy! It takes alot of quality's to get it done! The players also need talent, work ethic, and be winners. You may have all of the above and still get beat. We have alot of great coaches and players in North Carolina! I hate to lose as bad as anybody but after the dust settles we are fortunate to be able to coach the game we love!

10. Raiderfan

Raiderfan Junior Member

CPC

Congrats to the CPC for a great first round. It looks like AK and Providence took Reagan and MT tabor lightly. Our squads may not be as loaded as those SW teams but are talented nontheless and play with heart.