1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Need advise before season

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Clarkon2, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Clarkon2

Clarkon2 Junior Member

My son has played baseball since he was 4. He is honest and hardworking and hell of a 2nd baseman. He is in for his third season in high school baseball. It has come to our attention that he will not be playing 2nd base this year as he has in the past. A kid that is using a fake address saying his parents are not living together will be on the team to take his place. Many on the team know for fact this is a false situation manufactured so the kid can play on this team. Nobody wants to speak up and hurt this kid or get the coach in trouble. How can parents be this dishonest? What message does it send to their own kid? Should I report it or stay out and hope these people will realize what they doing is disgraceful?

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Please do not bring up names on this thread. We can discuss this situation without having to do so.

3. gkg

gkg Full Access Member

If you know, you can rest assured that other teams in your conference knows. But they will be nice and wait to turn the team in just before playoffs.

4. Braves

If they are doing something illegal, I'd turn them in. But I'd make awful darn sure that I'm not reacting to hearsay because it involves my son. It would make you look bad and create problems for your son.

5. Clarkon2

Clarkon2 Junior Member

Its a tough situation but this is not any kind of grudge because it involves my son, others are affected to. I just have a problem with such dishonesty and politics but will not say or do anything that woiuld hurt make my son on the team. Hopefully he will learn a big lesson in character.

6. Braves

That's the best position to take. It's tough and I understand how you feel. I wish people didn't feel compelled to do this, but there are situations that occur that forces families to make this decision. As long as it's done legally. I don't have a problem with it.

7. pirates05

pirates05 baseball-lifer

You also need to ask yourself, would i say or do anything if this kid transfered in because the school had a better band, or a better reputation as far as academics were concerned. Who"s to say your son will not play second base just because someone has moved in. Competition will only make him better and also their are 7 more positions out there. A ball player wants to play even if it is not the position he is used to playing. I believe what ever reason they changed schools, that is their decisions and they have to deal with it. I think it is even worse for people to wait until a season is over with to turn something in that they knew was going on. A entire team is penalize after they have worked hard all year and your team could not beat them on the field. before anyone make any kind of acusations, make damn sure you are correct and please don't be a punk and hide behind screen names. In this country everyone has the right to face their accuser. This message is for everyone, me included.

8. Clarkon2

Clarkon2 Junior Member

Didnt mean to hit a nerve...Im not hiding behind a screen name..I choose not to mention names to protect everyone involved, including my son. There is more involved than I care to share about this situation, I simply thought someone may have some advise. I agree Braves, its a teachable moment.

9. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

I agree completely with this!

FYI ... South Mecklenburg football a couple of years back. In the playoffs for the first time in years, actually loading the buses to go to their first game and BAM, ...... they were told to unload and go home because they had an ineligible player on the roster. IMO If someone is aware, and it sounds like they are, it will come out before too long.

10. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

You should turn them in if you're absolutely sure that they are illegal ,and can prove it. Otherwise it's just an obstacle your son will have to overcome. How do you feel about it if it's all above board?