1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mike Lambros

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by teanwsnc, May 29, 2013.

1. teanwsnc

teanwsnc Full Access Member

After 34 years Mike Lambros has announced his retirement from North Davidson. Congrats to a class act and a good friend.

2. PhoenixPhan

PhoenixPhan Full Access Member

I couldn't agree more! He was a coach that was definitely in it for the girls and not just the girls that he coached, but ALL girls everywhere that play this great game. He is truly a great ambassador for the sport and will certainly be missed. Don't be surprised to see him at a ball field sometime in the near future because he just loves it that much. Enjoy your retirement, Coach Lambros, and thank you for all you have done!

The Bests

3. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

Class act every time I saw him; and his teams. I'm sure he'll be missed big time!

4. Tigerscoach

Tigerscoach Full Access Member

He has had such an impact. I am in just my 4 th year of coaching, coach middle school and live 200 miles away. And yet he always had time for me and answered all my "new" coach questions. A true inspiration.

5. cougarsoftball12

cougarsoftball12 Full Access Member

Top Notch Coach

Class act all the way around, not a coach that just starts coaching during school ball, he has built the best program in the state. Good luck Coach Lambros on your next venture. His actions always showed class and you could tell it was about the girls and not himself.

6. softball247

softball247 Full Access Member

Though many of us strive for it, few of us will ever have the tremendously positive impact that Mr. Lambros has had on the game of softball, and on the players that played for him. I have watched some great North Davidson teams, and the key to success, as Mr. Lambros pointed out to me once, is to never quit learning. Case in point is seeing him and his coaching staff still learning last December at one of the NFCA coaching college classes. Job tremendously well done sir!

7. CAdamsNCSCA

CAdamsNCSCA Loving Life

Excellent coach, better person and a true ambassador for the girls and the game of softball. Congrats on a great career and enjoy your time on the "other side of the fence".

8. rhughes18

rhughes18 umpire

Congrats Mr Lambros!!! I have had the honor of umpiring at least 2 games a year that Mr Lambros has coached at NDHS since 1999. Mike, your presence on the field will be missed. You may have questioned a call or two, but you always maintained a curteous and professional attitude. A true Class Act!

Congrats again, and best wishes in your retirement!!!

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. bugsdad

bugsdad Full Access Member

A true class act. We played ND my DDs Jr and Senior year.Her senior year my kid was on, pitching as well as I have ever seen her throw.She took a line shot to her arm(looked like it hit her in the chest) turned and threw to first for the double and started going down.Lambros was the first one to her.After when she went to Chief for a lesson he stopped by to check on her.Yes the man is a true class act who has touched many young ladies lives.Congrats Coach..job well done!

10. Pop Rivers

Pop Rivers NCSCA

Thank you and

Congratulations Coach Lambros on a job well done. I'll get the wings!!!!