1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Middle School Bat Regulations

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by namkrad, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Post15fan

Post15fan Full Access Member

On a positive note

I saw a 30" BBCOR that a smallish 7th grade MS player had that looked manageable. (i'm sure it was not cheap). Watched several small players use with success. And....

My son's MS experience in 2012 so far has been nothing short of outstanding. Last year he avoided MS baseball - knew a rec coach dad was involved. This year a new coach, veteran showcase dad, has improved the field, mound, batting cages, and a storage building is coming soon. We asked to help, but he handled it. :builder2: Created a partnership with a community athletic org, investing sweat equity, and probably a few of his own dollars, and worked with the AD to get CMS to approve completing the fence. On the field, conducted a solid tryout, knows what he's doing on the field, minimal outside participation or influence. Has respect of the players and parents. Players maintaining field after practice. Son's back with nearly half of his travel ball 12u teammates and friends since 8u. Big smiles all around. Life is good.

2. Focused Closer

Focused Closer Junior Member

this is a bad new rule

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012