1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

MADISON DRAFTED #10

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by ChuckRAHS, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ChuckRAHS

ChuckRAHS Junior Member

it doesnt matter what the media says he is a very good ball player and the draft shows it....
    Good luck to all of the other players who havent got drafted yet..

2. scfan

scfan Full Access Member

Congratulations to Maddy. #10 San Francisco Giants. I'm a Braves fan so maybe they can trade for him. LOL

3. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Congrats to Madison and his family.....Good Luck, we know you will do well.:champagne:

4. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

Dbacks, does the fact that he went top 10 change anything other than the amount of $$$ he will get? Does this get him to the Majors faster or will he take the same route you suggested in another post?

5. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

San Fran also had the 10th pick last year and took Tim Lincecum who signed for $2.025 million. Wow.

6. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

Good luck to Madison. It would be great to see someone from this area make the show. Even someone from Caldwell County. Life can be great, what options he has. He can sign for millions or go to UNC free.

:58:

7. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

That would be no option for me. If I could sign for a couple million or more to heck with college. I know to many who have graduated from college and don't make that in a lifetime. Looks like Madison will be somewhere in the 3 mil. range and I think if he signs he will start at the MLB minimum of 350,000 a year even while playing in the minor leagues

8. interestedonlooker

interestedonlooker Full Access Member

the MLB minimum is if you are playing in the MLB...no the Minors....thats why I asked if being top 10 changed his status or will he still go pitch in rookie ball?

9. reporter

reporter Full Access Member

It is my understanding that someone drafted high like Madison that their agent will require a major league contract along with a signing bonus and if you get a MLB contract you recieve the MLB minimum. I don't know this to be fact but is what I have been told by people who are supposed to know

10. Plate Dad

Plate Dad It is what it is!!!!

The winning picker is 007

San Francisco Giants
    The giants have six of the first 51 picks this year,including 3 in the first round;
    With that mother lode of picks in a year when the strength of the draft is in high school players, I think they will take the big lefty at 10.

I have some IPO stock that I need you to look at.:58: