1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

CPC

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by catcher25, Feb 1, 2006.

1. catcher25

catcher25 Full Access Member

In my opinion I feel like the CPC this year is the toughest conference in the area with West Forsyth, Davie, North Davidon, South Rowan, Mt Tabor, East Rowan, and Reynolds. With those teams it looks like everyone will be beating up on each other. What is everyones thoughts about the league and the players that are in it?

2. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

agreed, :agreed:
    great parity in the conference. the winner may have 3 or more losses in the conference. i think it will be a fun season. and since i have no hair left i wont loose any this year. ha ha

3. DCAWBASEBALL

DCAWBASEBALL DCAWBASEBALL

catcher25, you know what I think! CPC is going to be tough,but Davie will win conference this year.

4. chicagocubs

chicagocubs Junior Member

Do a lot of players that played with the Lexington Legion State semi final team play for North Davidson?

Im not familiar with South Rowan, East Rowan,reynolds, and Tabor what do they bring to the table?

5. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

SOUNDS LIKE IT!

Whoever wins this conference is going to have to earn it, no doubt.

6. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

Pitchers: #2, 3 & 4 in Legion starting rotation
    Position: Catcher, 1st baseman, utility infielder

My prediction: North will be very young, so get them early. Once the defense finds itself (likely a freshman shortstop & inexperienced outfield), North will be tough to beat. They may be a year away...

Will be fun to watch...I'll be there w/cigar in mouth.

7. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

[/quote]great parity in the conference. the winner may have 3 or more losses in the conference. i think it will be a fun season. and since i have no hair left i wont loose any this year. ha ha[/quote]

I agree with Coach P here. There will be no days off in this conference. It's going to be great having East Rowan and Tabor in the conference. I can't wait to heckle Coach Hightower and staff.

West Forsyth will be dang tough to handle, any time Holt is on the hill especially. Davie will be much improved. East Rowan and South Rowan are extremely tough places to win at.

I really think (and I may be jinxing them here) North Davidson has a chance to be better than last year. There record may not be as good considering how good the conference over all will be, but they could be a better overall. And yes I am biased as I can be. Losing McKenzie in the middle of the order will be a big blow, but they have some guys that hopefully can collectively fill his shoes after confidence building Legion seasons last year. Daniel Kassouf was on a tear last year in Legion hitting lower in the order. It will be interesting to see if he can continue that hitting in the middle. I saw him in the cage a couple weeks ago and he was still seeing it well. UK is right on them having some inexperience in some key areas, but the freshman that will probably be playing short has a chance (under the watchful eye of Coach Griff) to be special. Ben Redmond (who caught much of last year in High School and Legion) got a lot of at bats for a freshman and will probably see most of his action in the outfield. I look for Andrew Hunt (lefty #1 starter - CPC player of the year last season) to have another good year. He's got a good ACL now and is pitching brace-free. Zach White (lefty #2 starter) was throwing the pee out of it at the Legion State Tourney last year and he'll match up well against other team's #2. I think the key to ND's success (or lack there of) will be how Eric Roach comes back from his finger injury that cost him most of the high school season and all of the Legion season. I absolutely love this kid's work behind the plate. Soft hands, excellent blocker and he knows how to think the game. I really hope he can come back strong.

Just my take (looking through ND Black and Orange colored glasses). I personally can't wait for it to start. With kid #2 in the oven coming in June, I will have to get my fill this spring during the high school season 'cause I'll probably be knee deep in bottles and dirty diapers by the time Legion rolls around.

8. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

"but the freshman that will probably be playing short has a chance (under the watchful eye of Coach Griff) to be special."

Who is this freshman you speak of? Just wondering if it's the same kid I have coached against in AAU for several seasons. If it is, I would agree, he will be very good. Thanks.

9. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

Levi Michael

10. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

Yep, he's the one. Levi and my son are the same age and we've been battling it out with the Mariners and GBC for several years on the AAU and U-trip circuit. Varsity shortstop as a freshman tells me what I already knew, the kid can play. Best of luck to him and ND this year.