1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2011 volleyball teams, who's looking good?

Discussion in 'Volleyball Forum' started by cheeze105, Sep 13, 2011.

1. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

LKN / Hough

Lake Norman traveled to Hough High last nite for the 2nd meeting of the season and Hough completely dominated the front line. Hough completed a 3 game sweep, splitting the head-to-head games on the season. Both teams now have 1 loss in conference with 1 game to go. Both teams only conference loss is to each other. A coin flip was made after last night's game and LKN will get the 1st seed in the conf. tourney while Hough will get the 2nd seed. The #1 seed for the STATE tourney will be decided by the highest finisher in the tourney. Good luck to both teams and maybe we can have a LKN / Hough final in the I-MECK Tourney to decide it out-right.:hyper:

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

thanks

3. ni42

ni42 Junior Member

North Iredell moved to 21-0 with wins over Reagan(3-2) and Starmount(3-0) today at Starmount.

4. gobigred

gobigred Junior Member

I-Meck Volleyball

To bad they're had to be a loser, the Hough/Lake Norman volleyball showdown wasn't letdown as far as excitement goes. Hough coming out of the gate with 1st set win, losing 2 & 3 and coming from a 8-1 deficit to win set #4 to tie it up and then winning set# 5 for the title. Being a Hough dad I will tell you the Lake Norman team didn't have to hang their heads after this one, they left "everything" out there. Great game by both schools and they should both go deep into the States......good luck to both teams!

5. LKNbaseballfan

LKNbaseballfan Full Access Member

Exactly what a conference championship match should be played like. Both teams played well, but it came down to who wanted it more and Hough did what it took to leave with the trophy ! Im a LKN parent so dont think Im putting LKN down by the "who wanted it more" comment.
    Great match to watch. Both schools advanced through the first round of the "States" and play again on Tues. LKN will play host to North Meck. Already playing teams from within the conf. in the 2nd round is ridiculous in my opinion. Also possible to see a LKN/Hough re-match in the 3rd round, I believe.
    Good luck to both school through the states.

6. Truthbetold

Truthbetold Member

That rematch would not happen until the 4th round. If lake norman beats N. meck, they will likely have Watauga, unless AC reynolds upsets them.